What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Jaames - question, are you a Christian? Just wondering, because Joel Osteen is a well-known pastor, but he gets some criticism because he goes very mainstream at times and strays from Biblical integrity, hence earns a lot of money out of books like the ones you posted in the initial post. Just a random question.

And I don't read a lot of books as a University student. I read the Bible though. :)

I am mate. This is the first thing of his I have read so I'm yet to have formed an opinion on him. I have heard about the criticism though. I find most pastors stray far of the biblical road(or just quoting out of context).

I am mate. This is the first thing of his I have read so I'm yet to have formed an opinion on him. I have heard about the criticism though. I find most pastors stray far of the biblical road(or just quoting out of context).

Mad me too. Lol well I find the heaviest under criticism in terms of books and publishing are Osteen, Joyce Meyer and T.D. Jakes. They go pretty commercial, and it makes it seem like they are in it more for the $, than to tell people the truth. But let me know what you think of that one when you're done, I've yet to read anything of his.

I am Reading: WAR - By Sebastian Junger
41tyF5uPnKL._SS500_.jpg

It's Brilliant! But don't take my word for it, google it and see how many people are spellbound by what it delivers!

Not reading anything currently. Looking to buy a few new books. I can't wait until Double Dexter comes out in October! :D

Big reader here, as for new stuff I am currently reading a few new ones, they are

1. Intelligence in the Civil War
2. Phillip Pullman - the Dark Materials series
3. Mein Kampf

Some of my favs for light reading are:

1. A fan fiction issue of the last Harry Potter book (700 pages)
2. Brisingr
3. Breaking Dawn

Waiting for the last book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, due to be released on 04 Nov 11

Just finished Slash's was absolutely amazing

Will have to pick that one up. Just finished Stephen Adler's "My Appetite for Destruction". Enjoyed it.

Currently reading Stephen Fry's "The Fry Chronicles", next on the list is either "Not Bad For A Human" by Lance Henriksen, or "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed" (Alan Alda).

Will have to pick that one up. Just finished Stephen Adler's "My Appetite for Destruction". Enjoyed it.

Currently reading Stephen Fry's "The Fry Chronicles", next on the list is either "Not Bad For A Human" by Lance Henriksen, or "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed" (Alan Alda).

Yeah got Adlers and Mike Canters on the cart list also Nikki sixx, Tommy lee and Anthony Peppers, can't wait.

Not a big reader but I'm slowly getting through Adam Gilchrist: True Colours, a great autobiography but one of the best to ever play the game. Got it for a bargain at Borders' Online Store.

Currently reading "A Dance With Dragons" by George R R Martin. Book 5 in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series.

If anyone here likes fantasy, then do yourself a favour and pick up the first book "Game of Thrones" - the series is outstanding! HBO has just made the first season of "Game of Thrones" and it has just finished airing in the States. It was also BRILLIANT!!!

Now Reading: THE DON - By Roland Perry

9780732908270.jpg

I bought a Signed (Signed by Don Bradman and Roland Perry) copy from an Auction House recently and bought another copy just to read ;)

I am only 200 pages in but if you are a cricket lover like me then you will be spellbound by the blow by blow account of Sir Donald Bradman's rise to fame!

currently "the funhouse" by dean koontz today I bought 5 more books, all by dean koontz "watchers" "phantoms" "intensity" "the taking" and"the servants of twilight"

last week I picked up ten stephen king books all hardback covers from a guy at a card show for $1.00 a piece

currently "the funhouse" by dean koontz today I bought 5 more books, all by dean koontz "watchers" "phantoms" "intensity" "the taking" and"the servants of twilight"

last week I picked up ten stephen king books all hardback covers from a guy at a card show for $1.00 a piece

only problem with koontz is most of his stories are kinda the same. great writer, and i do like his books, but definately follows a template. and always with an awesome dog involved somehow...
currently reading: the joyous cosmology (alan watts).

this is my first dean koontz book, I have been reading stephen king lately and I do not like how king finishes the book (doesn't mean I will stop reading them) so far I like the funhouse, my next one I read by koontz will be "the voice of the night"

Back
Top Bottom