What are your thoughts on Bogut?

ozballer23

#1 J.R. Smith Collector
Real Name
Norm
How do you think the big Aussie will do in his second yr? Do you think the change from PF to C will help his game? Will we see a breakout season from him???

I just think his numbers will firm up a little, I think his assists will increase dramatically he's very smart but not a dominant type player. The bucks guards have got to be going inside first then running offence from there. I think Villenueva will bust out more than bogut this season.

i tihnk his numbers will get a lot better. If he plays well in the WC i think he'll definately be confident coming into the season. I say something around 14 ppg and 9 rpg.

Reign40 is spot on - Bogut is a smart player.. just watch how he sets up and his assists in the NZ series. I think his numbers will improve if he gets playing time but his post moves won't get him a 20ppg average. His post moves stink! He posts like a small forward on the bloody wing! I think we have a Vlade Divac type of player developing.. I am hoping for a Shaq menace in there somewhere though :D

cliffy21 said:
Reign40 is spot on - Bogut is a smart player.. just watch how he sets up and his assists in the NZ series. I think his numbers will improve if he gets playing time but his post moves won't get him a 20ppg average. His post moves stink! He posts like a small forward on the bloody wing! I think we have a Vlade Divac type of player developing.. I am hoping for a Shaq menace in there somewhere though :D

i think he may surprise all of us. one thing the scouts picked up in Milwaukee is that his athleticism and speed/strength combination was greatly overlooked so maybe the killer instinct is still hiding underneath! i sure hope he's not gonna be rigid and slow!

i dont think we will see the real bogut for another 5 years or so, only time and more experience will help :) at this point he is still learning (like every player) but it should be fun to watch him grow

will perdue was an awesome player!

If he turns out like Will (he'd get better numbers coz he'll get more PT) then I'd be happy!

Im surprised the bucks got rid of Joe Smith and Magloire, that shows a lot of confidence in Boges and the other big dude they have Gadzuric

white_chocolate_55 said:
Bogut = Will Perdue.. but younger.. and moves around a bit better.... when bogut had that face mask on I just knew he was copying Will Perdue.. don't worry son, you'll turn out just like him

you lost me at Bogut = Will Perdue.

white_chocolate_55 said:
wait hold up... u lost me at will perdue was an awesome player..

I would say he was an OK player but that is JMHO !

As for Bogut, I think he will have a season similar to his first, I think it may take a year or two before his numbers start to rise !

I think he's an arragant ****....soft arse mutha ****a!

On a professional level, he's got a great future ahead of him. I hope he and Charlie V get lots of court time together.

Richo said:
I would say he was an OK player but that is JMHO !

As for Bogut, I think he will have a season similar to his first, I think it may take a year or two before his numbers start to rise !

yeah i agree richo, thing is...if you ask bogut about his stats...i dont think he would really care anyway...he just wants to win games honestly...sure he wants to do well, but yeah...i think at the end of the day all he cares about is winning...for example he would rather have 2 points againt a Dirk and still win the game rather than having a 20 point game and losing

nope, i think he would be fine with that........same thing with duncan....people think he had a lazy year...yet they won 60+ games

mickimouse24 said:
yeah i agree richo, thing is...if you ask bogut about his stats...i dont think he would really care anyway...he just wants to win games honestly...sure he wants to do well, but yeah...i think at the end of the day all he cares about is winning...for example he would rather have 2 points againt a Dirk and still win the game rather than having a 20 point game and losing

Yes I think your right......I know winning is much more important that my own statistics (when I play).

white_chocolate_55 said:
so if his team won 55 games next season yet he only averaged 2ppg you wouldnt think he'd mind?

If the NBA Championship was included in those 55 wins then YEAH !

hey scotty Im guessing you didnt get a chance to have your stuff signed? I never read what happened with that?

When Robinson got hurt, I got to see a lot of Will Perdue. He was a very underated big man, he grabbed 23 boards in a game I remember watching.
That season he avg almost 9 and 10. In about 30 mins. We have people here who get boners and start collecting players who wont ever be that productive!

He was also the third tower in the spurs Triple Tower Lineup, that they went with in Duncans rookie year. Avery got injured, so they went with Robinson, Perdue and Duncan....classic!

Back to the thread topic..

Bogut will never be a supertstar or even a dominant centre, don't even think he'll ever be an all star. Hope he proves me wrong.

I hope Dan Gadzurich plays well, Bucks should improve another 5-10 wins next year. I think maybe the 4 or 5 seed in east behind Bulls,Pistons, Heat and maybe Magic

Back
Top Bottom