Weird Question for you player collectors..

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
I was going to start this topic earlier and then I saw the news about Eddie Guerrero.. so I got a bit freaked out.. but anyways..

What would you do, or how would you react if one day, you discover that your favorite NBA player died for whatever reason... (Devin, KG, D-Rob, etc..)

Will this raise the value of his cards?
Will you get freaked out and start looking at your collection in a weird way? (I would... :|)
Would you sell everything?

If Kidd dies for some reason, I'd be pretty sad of course.. but I'd keep the cards and not sell them because it would be pretty rude to do that and Jay might haunt me.. :p

Thoughts?

More of a reason to hang onto the cards, not for value, but sentimental reasons, not that I'd part with the stuff ever anyway!

SHOCK!!

Anyways back to the question..

I spose it's like them being traded or retiring, they no longer play for the "same old team"....

Barkley was never the same after leaving Phoenix... But I still collected him. Now he's retired, I think I've tripled my collection!! LOL.

Thats' true. Only have 1 Jordan Wizards card, it is a numbered parallel /250 worth about $90, been considering selling it, but it has a slight white edging on the back, so don't know if it would be a hassle with explaining it.

Got rid of all my other Jordan Wizard cards coz they kinda sucked! :lol:

jvalles69,
Funny how us Jordan collectors tend to steer clear of his wizards stuff.....

:D

If my fav player died I think I would hang on to his stuff.

One of my prized possesions is a signed photo and card from the one of the greatest sportsman ever, the late Sir Donald Bradman.

After I received these items from him, a few days later his wife passed away. So I decided to write back to him thanking him for the nice photo and card, along with my condolences for his wife. To my suprise I received a letter a few days later from him in which he had sent to me another signed card, but also a booklet from Lady Bradman's funeral.

Those are the centre pieces of my collection!

Cheers
Matt

I would definantly hang on to my Amares. Im not selling them no matter what happens, i dont care of the value factor, i would still collect him even if he went to the NBL lol... not that would ever happen....

Back
Top Bottom