Baseball Warning for player collectors - nightmare

matm

Let's go Yankees
Real Name
Mathew
Hi folks,

Topps have just released a baseball set called Moments & Milestones.

It is a player collector nightmare.

For example I collect Derek Jeter Cards and he has three cards in the set.
Cards available are #199, #29 and #1.
#81, 1996 AL ROY 10 Home Runs which equals 10 variations
#82, 1996 AL ROY 78 RBI (runs batted in) which equals 78 variations
#83, 1996 AL ROY 183 Hits which equals 183 variations.
all of these are #/199 for a total of 271 cards
Then there is 271 cards #/29, and of course there's a 1/1 for each card also.

Apparently there are a total of 12000 1/1 in the set (seems to undervalue a 1/1 card).

Hope you basketball fans aren't exposed to this set.

Here is an example.

9a36_1.jpg

Exactly why I don't chase 1/1's ! The card may be a 1/1 put there are so many variations out there you just don't know what is hard to get and what isn't ! Thanks for the heads up Mat !

DAYAM! I couldn't handle that.

But it does make me think that if they did an old school basketball one.... Rider would have three memorable moments on the court and probably a half dozen off the court ;)

That's taking it a bit far I'd think. What's going on Topps??? Maybe just trying to fill boxes

Still way better to have more all these parras over the usual ud pack after pack of base cards:(

Still way better to have more all these parras over the usual ud pack after pack of base cards:(

This man speaks the truth

I prefer millions of variations to all base.

The only concern I have is the 1/1s.....I think they should at least make the pictures different. the rest are fine imo.

Anyhow its not it hasnt been doen before, I mean check in Basketball UD Hardcourt Etched in Time.....

Thats just boring

Luckily most of the players I collect aren't well known and would never be the focus of insert/subsets. :)

Good luck Mat, i'd be forgetting that set for now :)

Mark.

Back
Top Bottom