Wantlist threads

Carter

OzCardTrader
Real Name
steve
Prior to the new site, Wantlist threads were updated back to the 1st page of the postee, now i am really confused as the updated thread is no longer on the 1st post!

Any help would be great! Thanks

lol Graham

The previous site had all updated wants back to the 1st post which was so easy to see but now if there is an update, as in someone has acquired any cards, then the updated wantlist is very hard to find other than the last post which may be days,months,years old!

That is the way i am seeing it!

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/piemad10s-afl-wantlists.86086/

Go to the 1st post of this thread and at the bottom it has October 2010 yet it used to have todays date and the update, so now you have to scroll through every post and end up at the last post to see what the actual wantlist is/updated!

I'm still confused! :crazy:

The OCtober date you are mentioning is when the thread/post was first made. It would only change if the user goes in edits that exact post, if they post again in the same thread it does not update the original post.

Just edited this to see if it was changed - first time it was posted was 5:55pm

ok i agree with what you say, but the previous site as i saw it, and when the postee updated their wantlist,used to update the 1st page so that you did not have to go to the last post which is so time consuming!

ok go to this post which is 3 pages long and you have to go to the last post to see the actual wantlist yet it used to be updated on the 1st page which was so easy to see rather than scrolling through all pages and some people have a lot more pages which is a waste of time and confusing!

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/collingwood-cards-wanted-list-included.109636/

I hope that makes sense!

I'm still confused! :crazy:

The OCtober date you are mentioning is when the thread/post was first made. It would only change if the user goes in edits that exact post, if they post again in the same thread it does not update the original post.

I see what the OP means though, it doesn't change anymore at all. I liked it when it showed when a post had been edited/updated. Now it only shows when a post was first made, it no longer shows when said post was last edited.

I see what the OP means though, it doesn't change anymore at all. I liked it when it showed when a post had been edited/updated. Now it only shows when a post was first made, it no longer shows when said post was last edited.

Thanks, i thought i was on my own there!

What is OP?

Original Postee i guess?

ok i agree with what you say, but the previous site as i saw it, and when the postee updated their wantlist,used to update the 1st page so that you did not have to go to the last post which is so time consuming!

ok go to this post which is 3 pages long and you have to go to the last post to see the actual wantlist yet it used to be updated on the 1st page which was so easy to see rather than scrolling through all pages and some people have a lot more pages which is a waste of time and confusing!

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/collingwood-cards-wanted-list-included.109636/

I hope that makes sense!

Still slightly confused. The editing of the first post is completely up to the original postee. I don't think the old forum did anything differently other than show if a post had been edited/updated.

What is the first post you see in that thread? The wantlist or a post that says "ok" from cp3dw8?

I don't think the old forum did anything differently other than show if a post had been edited/updated.

and that's the problem he's been trying to get across, he was confused because that is no longer the case so it's not as easy to see when an original want list post has been updated, in fact you can't anymore.

The original post i see is actually Outdated and whereas i used to see an Updated Wantlist i have to go through many posts to get to some sort of Current Wantlist which as a user/consumer i find it so easy to say i cant be bothered!

The original post i see is actually Outdated and whereas i used to see an Updated Wantlist i have to go through many posts to get to some sort of Current Wantlist which as a user/consumer i find it so easy to say i cant be bothered!
I think what you are describing is different to what Sanctum is describing.

What you are describing requires the thread starter to edit their original post and has nothing to do with the forum software

But now the person who posts the thread replies and bumps their thread saying the first post has been updated??

The only thing missing is the text saying post last edited by .....

Is that what you're missing?

Back
Top Bottom