WA Footy collector

westaussiefootball

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Sean
Hi all, new to the site. Looking to trade, sell and swap footy cards. Mainly looking for WA cards - esp the older ones like Sniders, Plaistow, Coca-Cola 1961, Shell 1963 etc A mad collector of any WAFL memorabilia, but just love footy stuff. Have a list of Vic cig cards Im willing to trade if anyone is interested. Prefer to trade for WAFL stuff. Thanks for reading.
Cheers,
Sean

Awesome - Welcome!

I too collect WAFL Memorabilia (only just started).

Have you got any of the WAFL players from the 1966 Scanlens set?
(It's a great set to collect).

G'day Richo,
Dont have any from the 66 set as i havent really set out to get that one. I reckon that will change at some stage, though!
Would really love the Coke 61 cards, but they are pretty tough to come by. Same for Plaistowes and Sniders, I guess.
I also collect Footy Budgets, Records and West Perth memorabilia (newsletters, annual reports, badges etc). Looking for the WAFL club mirorrs they used to put out, in case you ever come across one!
What sort of stuff are you chasing?

I like you, chase my WAFL Team memorabilia - East Perth! (Annual Reports, Budgets, Records & Membership Badges)

I am also collecting the 1966 Scanlens set because it was the first (and last) to have WAFL & VFL in the same set :)

Cool. Ill keep an eye out for EP stuff for you. Im a bit of a WAFL nut and cant help myself when a pile comes up, even if it's all related to another club. Have a big file of East Perth stuff here (mainly newsletters back to the 50s), along with Swans stuff.

I also collect the Football Register and other WAFL publications (Who's Who etc). Let me know if you are chasing any of this type of stuff and I can go through my massive pile of spares. Probably have a couple of hundred spare Budgets back to the 60s.

I have only just started on WAFL cards, but have the 8 WAFL Ardmona sets, the '82 Scanlens set, the '64, '65 & '71 Mobil sets, the 34 Western Mail team photos and the Swan Districts set from the 61 Coke cards (along with 20 loose cards from other teams). Basically looking for everything else and have only just decided to try for those early sets.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I do collect some VFL/AFL stuff, but have limited it somewhat. Definitely nothing post-2000. Starting to get a bit interested in the older cig cards and have the Scanlens cards I collected as a kid (80s). Im still not sure whether Ill try for the other Scanlens cards, but I have been thinking about the 66 set (with the WAFL players) for a while.
Also have a pile of cricket cards from the 80s and 90s. Might start looking for a few more.

Welcome mate :)
your collection sounds interesting and its great to have unique collectors like yourself here.

welcome mate, your collection is quite niche but there are great guys on here like richo who can help out

Back
Top Bottom