Vintage Toys!

Richo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
Richo75
Hey all!

I wasn't quite sure where to place this post so I thought the general discussion area would do :)

I have been watching a bit of the American and Australian Pickers as well as the Toy Hunter so I have started to discover just how much my vintage toys are worth. With that in mind I thought I would start a thread for you all to share your vintage toys........if you have some cool vintage toys why not share and let us all travel back to our childhood with the memories of the toys we LOVED to play with!

Recently I participated in the latest Leski's Auction but was outbid on every card :( Not to be outdone I spotted a cool vintage toy to add to my collection.....I scored it for $40 and I have to say it scrubbed up very nicely!

What I won was a 1950's toy cash register made by Merit (J & L Randall)

It came with the original box (fair condition) and some original coins and notes that still had the "Pound" and "d" marks. It was pretty dusty but in great working condition so I gave it a clean and polish and it looks great on the bar!

Here is a before and after picture of it :)

toy-meritcashregister.jpg

toy-meritcashregisterb.JPG

wow , looks similar to my boomaroo cash register that i own . good job on the restoration looks great , i love old toys . also have a drumming monkey which is pretty old and a 3 wheel trike which i wanna do up but just haven't found the time yet .

That cleaned up really well Paul. It looks awesome!!
I love watching the pickers on Fox. Also enjoy Pawn stars.
Great to see some of the old stuff out there and how much things are worth.
Fair to say you got a great price on the toy register.
Good luck at Sandown tomorrow, hopefully there are a couple more things you can get there.

Cheers guys!

Yeah I like those shows too Matt!

Anyone else got some Vintage Toys they want to show off?

All my good old toys were lost in storage - probably went to one of those "pickers" you mention lol :(

I hear ya mate.......Since I have been watching "Toy Hunter" I have been continually saying "I had that toy.....I wonder where it went"

Luckily I have a couple of my childhood toys left including a Dual Screen Game & Watch (Mario Brothers)....check it out:

toy-game&watch-mariobrothers.JPG

Great pick up Richo. Love it.

I love watching pawn stars and Rics Restoration!

My dad has a full size poker machine, which was his dads, that looks similar to yours, only full size.

I used to put the 20c pieces in the machine as a kid, in theory it is my machine as inherited down the line, it is at my parents place waiting for me to take it away, which i will 1 day! Full cast iron and very heavy!

About the oldest toy I've got (and I'm wondering how many here would know this) is at my mother's place - Astro War's portable console. Oldest one I have here still in very good condition? My Matchbox Peugot Quasar prototype - the original white release. It's still in it's box and dates back to 1981.

About the oldest toy I've got (and I'm wondering how many here would know this) is at my mother's place - Astro War's portable console. Oldest one I have here still in very good condition? My Matchbox Peugot Quasar prototype - the original white release. It's still in it's box and dates back to 1981.

Ha! I used to have that game too! I can still hear the intro sound as I think about it now :thumbsup:

here a pic of the boomaroo cash register and also a pic of my drumming monkey which got handed down to me

Damn dude that cash register is similar! I wonder if it was a spin off or made by the same company but branded different in Australia?!?

What are the demoninations on each button and corresponding metal tag that pops up? The Merit Cash Register has "£" and "d" which was used in Australia until 1966.

Love the monkey.....that looks like the classic one they have in Toy Story!

I found this bad boy at Toys r us and bought it straight away. Its not vintage BUT! This is a misprint and I have no idea how rare it is yet but for you guys who don't follow the teenage mutant ninja turtle scene I can fill you in. This is master splinter, a good ninja who is the father of the Ninja turtles. But as you can see the title says footsoldier which is a ninja who work on the bad side of shredder. Miss print packaging with a different figure. Not sure how many of these where mistakenly made but I spotted this straight away and bought it 2 times quicker lol
I've also got these 1988 TMNT vehicles . Sort of vintage as there 25 years old
Picked them up at a local market
image.jpg
image.jpg

I found this bad boy at Toys r us and bought it straight away. Its not vintage BUT! This is a misprint and I have no idea how rare it is yet but for you guys who don't follow the teenage mutant ninja turtle scene I can fill you in. This is master splinter, a good ninja who is the father of the Ninja turtles. But as you can see the title says footsoldier which is a ninja who work on the bad side of shredder. Miss print packaging with a different figure. Not sure how many of these where mistakenly made but I spotted this straight away and bought it 2 times quicker lol
I've also got these 1988 TMNT vehicles . Sort of vintage as there 25 years old
Picked them up at a local market
image.jpg
image.jpg
Seems to have put the wrong cardboard backing on... Good find!

Holy snapping duck sh*t!

Great transformers mate! Lots of people collect them that is for sure.

The TNMT are great too Paul.....seen the appear on the Toy Hunter a few weeks back :)

Holy snapping duck sh*t!

Great transformers mate! Lots of people collect them that is for sure.

The TNMT are great too Paul.....seen the appear on the Toy Hunter a few weeks back :)

I have about 50 pieces in my TMNT collection ranging from 1988 - 2012. All the vehicles from 1988 are factory sealed besides 1 , all the figurines are near mint/mint condition, a few unpunched cards and then the fantastic 2012 classic collection turtles on the bottom. I have 3 sets of those lol close to my heart
This is half of my collection, the other half is at my misses joint coz have no room :(
image.jpg

Nice! Apparently the Splinter from the original series in the 80's is the rarest!

They were produced at about 1 for every 5 TMNT so they are worth more......according to the Toy Hunter anyways lol

Ude be suprised to know that the hardest pieces in the 1988 series is actually the turtles with soft head and fan club inserts. And if u look on eBay there has been a foot soldier and I think rocksteady with fan club insert (there were never released with fan clubs) and both have sold for $1500+
Shredder wasnt hard BuT in 1991 there was a black super shredder which you could redeem with coupons , not many we're mailed out . Black super shredder never came on card, it was in a packet. That's the hardest shredder to find.

Back
Top Bottom