VALUE FOR MONEY??????

Dr Grange

Dr Select
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
George
Hi everyone I'm generally an NRL collector but have over the last 6 years been collecting AFL as well even though I don't really follow the sport. Just was wondering what the die hard AFL collectors thoughts were on last years AFL release was in respect to value for money? Teamcoach & Future Force & Certified all from 2017? Any opinions & thoughts would be much appreciated.

Hi mate, with respect to value for money for last year's releases:

2017 Teamcoach - Not great, although there were two wildcards per box. Probably wouldn't get your money back if you sold all the cards from a box.

2017 Footy Stars - Depended on the Brownlow Predictor you pulled. Better than Teamcoach but still probably wouldn't quite get your money back on a box if you pulled an "average" Predictor.

2017 Certified - Depended on if you pulled a medal card or a better card (e.g. guernsey card) as your big hit. If you hit a medal card you probably wouldn't get your money back, if you hit a bigger card you probably would. Much higher potential ceiling on return than any other release.

2017 Future Force - Again, depended on the signature colour you got. To be honest can't really remember what you would get back on a box but I'd say you would go pretty close to getting back what you paid for a box in most cases, and more if you hit a rarer signature colour.

So far this year I'd say you get better value for money for Footy Stars than last year and about the same for Teamcoach.

Hope that helps :)

Hi mate, with respect to value for money for last year's releases:

2017 Teamcoach - Not great, although there were two wildcards per box. Probably wouldn't get your money back if you sold all the cards from a box.

2017 Footy Stars - Depended on the Brownlow Predictor you pulled. Better than Teamcoach but still probably wouldn't quite get your money back on a box if you pulled an "average" Predictor.

2017 Certified - Depended on if you pulled a medal card or a better card (e.g. guernsey card) as your big hit. If you hit a medal card you probably wouldn't get your money back, if you hit a bigger card you probably would. Much higher potential ceiling on return than any other release.

2017 Future Force - Again, depended on the signature colour you got. To be honest can't really remember what you would get back on a box but I'd say you would go pretty close to getting back what you paid for a box in most cases, and more if you hit a rarer signature colour.

So far this year I'd say you get better value for money for Footy Stars than last year and about the same for Teamcoach.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the advise Scott, I was thinking of getting a case or 2 of each & sitting on them for a while. I've noticed the prices on them starting to drop as the newer releases come out. Do you think there's value in sitting on them? I also heard that Future Force will be discontinued & not released anymore.

Thanks for the advise Scott, I was thinking of getting a case or 2 of each & sitting on them for a while. I've noticed the prices on them starting to drop as the newer releases come out. Do you think there's value in sitting on them? I also heard that Future Force will be discontinued & not released anymore.

I'd say the Certified would hold its value pretty well. Footy Stars and Teamcoach not as much. Future Force, hard to say. There have been some rumours floating around about Future Force stopping. Hard to say what effect that would have on the value, possibly a slight increase.

I'd say the Certified would hold its value pretty well. Footy Stars and Teamcoach not as much. Future Force, hard to say. There have been some rumours floating around about Future Force stopping. Hard to say what effect that would have on the value, possibly a slight increase.

Thanks for the advice on Certified.. I was thinking the same & getting a few cases..:):thumbsup:

Glad you ask this mate! Let me drop a few comparisons in particular to NRL 2012 Dynasty:

Lockyer Tribute Signature vs Dusty Brownlow Medal redemption
This should articulate a straight trade

NRL Black League Leaders vs AFL Certified Influentials
Another concept articulating straight trades IMO or at least Richmond and Collingwood ones

NRL Black League Leaders vs AFL Future Force Gold ink signature
Most Black LL are worth exceptionally more however Gold ink signatures from Future Force releases from 2012-13 of players who are making a name in this age of AFL, it is hard to find a seller who would do a Gold Whitfield, Vines, Kelly (josh) or Bomtompelli for any less than $400 and preferred sticker prices could push to four digits at times

NRL 2012 Slater/Stewart/DCE signatures vs AFL Certified Guernsey /80 signatures
These NRL medal winning sigs should articuilate a straight trade for a 2016/17 Guernsey xx/80 card for the most popular AFL clubs such as Richmond (Cochin); Pendlebury (Collingwood) at least

Well I hope this answers a question somehow or the other

Glad you ask this mate! Let me drop a few comparisons in particular to NRL 2012 Dynasty:

Lockyer Tribute Signature vs Dusty Brownlow Medal redemption
This should articulate a straight trade

NRL Black League Leaders vs AFL Certified Influentials
Another concept articulating straight trades IMO or at least Richmond and Collingwood ones

NRL Black League Leaders vs AFL Future Force Gold ink signature
Most Black LL are worth exceptionally more however Gold ink signatures from Future Force releases from 2012-13 of players who are making a name in this age of AFL, it is hard to find a seller who would do a Gold Whitfield, Vines, Kelly (josh) or Bomtompelli for any less than $400 and preferred sticker prices could push to four digits at times

NRL 2012 Slater/Stewart/DCE signatures vs AFL Certified Guernsey /80 signatures
These NRL medal winning sigs should articuilate a straight trade for a 2016/17 Guernsey xx/80 card for the most popular AFL clubs such as Richmond (Cochin); Pendlebury (Collingwood) at least

Well I hope this answers a question somehow or the other

So in a nutshell you rate 2017 Certified AFL as the same as 2012 Dynasty NRL release as one of the better releases of Select???

It’s great to pull a bigger hit in Certified but I have hit case hits in both 2016 and 2017 and still not got my money back. Jeremy Cameron Footys Finest in 2016 and Tom Lynch patch sig last year. Sold the Lynch patch sig for about $140 I think and I wouldn’t even get $100 for the Cameron. So just hitting a case hit doesn’t mean good value for money, better than nothing though. I’d be holding off and seeing what this year brings, sounds like there might be some real nice things coming.

Back
Top Bottom