Upper Deck Doctor Strange

Sharky

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Steve
eBay User
sharkysparky
hiya guys, did anyone here get any of the Doctor strange boxes?? I am finding it hard to justify the price for 7 cards but some of them look very nice.

And Benedict signs as well...

I am curious what people's thoughts are

(I want to add a Scott Adkins Auto to my collection but I'm not sure if I like them)

Yeah it is a pricey set but I like the coin and costume cards and like you, would love to snag a Cumberbatch Auto (loved Sherlock :)

Don't think many people are fans of the prescription style autos but I do like the code name letter autos. The costume autos are also ok.

Haven't bought any boxes but have managed to pick up a few of the base, parallel, costume and code name letter cards.

Marvel Gems will be in a similar range, I am waiting for that one :)

They did Captain America 75th Anniversary without much fanfare, cards look ok. Will probably try and pick up the Vibranium inserts if I can.

They did Captain America 75th Anniversary without much fanfare, cards look ok. Will probably try and pick up the Vibranium inserts if I can.
The reason there wasn't as much fan fare is that its epack only - no physical boxes/cases.

I was in a group break for Doctor strange, got a heap of the inserts, a strange change card and a letter card (non-auto BC "E"). The strange change cards are interesting, I quite like them & so are Strange Moments. Also, most of the cards are numbered, which is a nice touch, however the strange change care weren't numbered, which seems weird as they appear to be rarer than the rest.

However the set itself didn't really stand out to me and I've decided not to collect try to them, prefer to focus on finishing my MM set, so going to chuck these up on ebay in the next day or 2.

One complaint I have is that they dont seem to have mastered the thick card yet, a couple of the cards have tiny chips out of it, mostly unnoticable unless you are looking for them, but not perfect, also one of the books has a corner peeling off, which is pretty disappointing for a high end release.

IMG_20161203_005454.jpg

Back
Top Bottom