Upcoming "Fire-sale" ebay auctions for a good cause... Edit: Link to photos below

axeman23

OzCardTrader
So I realise I'm not the most liked member here, which is why I didn't start up a topic earlier until I had something that would be of interest to everyone. Just over a month ago now, me and my family's home in Brisbane burned down, and while no one was home at the time, we lost pretty much everything. We were insured, which is a god-send, but while the house-value appreciated with the payments we made, the "contents value" remained the same over the 12-odd years we were in the house, and obviously what a dollar bought then, a dollar doesn't buy now...

One of the personal friends I do have on this site, Corey, or Autographed Memorabilia, as he is known here after his business name, heard what happened pretty early on. Off his own bat, he went to 1 of his friends in the New Zealand rugby league team, who were in Brisbane for their game against Australia when the fire happened. They'd seen the fire on the news, so when they realised they could do something to help out, they jumped at it. What they did, is three of their biggest stars: Isaac Luke, Manu Vatuvei, and Shaun Johnson, each signed a pair of boots for me, and said to do what I want with them.

I DID have the beginnings of a nice little signed memorabilia collection which all went up in flames, so it was suggested to me that I could sell 1 of each set, and keep the other, which I have (so far) decided to do... So I will be selling the right shoe in the 3 sets, as these are the shoes that seem to have the best/neatest signatures... If someone REALLY wants the left shoes/shoe to a set, and they're willing to pay well for them, I guess I have to stay true to my original aim, which is to raise funds for the family.

Hopefully this has piqued some interest, and I will try to get some photos up of the items for sale...

I MUST stress, that NONE of these boots are, or claim to be, game-worn. They are all (from memory) size 8-10, which while obviously smaller that game-worn boots would be, open up more avenues due to their size with regard to display options...

Yeah, i'll be heading over to Corey's shop early next week to pick up the coa's for the shoes and to get a signed qld jersey from last years team authenticated. I'll be putting that up for auction as well, un-framed. Will try get some pics up when i figure out how to do it. I'm guessing i have to put them on my computer first from my phone, then upload to the site page, right?

Yeah, i'll be heading over to Corey's shop early next week to pick up the coa's for the shoes and to get a signed qld jersey from last years team authenticated. I'll be putting that up for auction as well, un-framed. Will try get some pics up when i figure out how to do it. I'm guessing i have to put them on my computer first from my phone, then upload to the site page, right?

I generally just upload straight off my phone onto here. Click upload file and away u go

Well, well... It appears you CAN teach an old dog new tricks... ;p haha Photos up of the 3 signed boots, and a signed QLD Origin jersey that will all be sold at the same time... Will update with a link to the auction when I get it up and running.

Back
Top Bottom