Unlucky Mailday :(

I'm not a fan of personalized signatures either but I think as a last resort clubs could at least do that. I'd rather it say To Jarrad signed by whoever instead of nothing. I think a lot of the younger kids would feel the same. If I ask a player to sign a card for me and they look at me & think I'm a seller coz I'm in my 30's I say to them sign it to Jarrad if you like I just collect cards. Some will do that most then realise I'm just a fan and agree to sign. I understand clubs being frustrated with seeing things for sale on eBay though as they then feel they are losing money. If they sold there stuff at an affordable price for the average fan then I'd gladly pay the club but there prices are way over the top.
Maybe an idea for some clubs like the Sharks is to offer fans to send in cards etc to be signed for a certain fee. I'd gladly do that & the club can make a little extra cash and keep the fans happy especially the ones who can't get to games or fan days. I might email the Sharks and suggest that too them lol. $2-$3 a card would be a reasonable price for them to charge
you could get lucky there jr if you offer something to the club, can't hurt to ask, and that could be the way of the future. maybe clubs are getting sick of taking time out of their schedules to sign things for fans of other clubs that dont buy any of the clubs merchandise, dont buy memberships from that club or even attend home games at that club. just a thought but footy clubs are looking more and more like businesses everyday

you could get lucky there jr if you offer something to the club, can't hurt to ask, and that could be the way of the future. maybe clubs are getting sick of taking time out of their schedules to sign things for fans of other clubs that dont buy any of the clubs merchandise, dont buy memberships from that club or even attend home games at that club. just a thought but footy clubs are looking more and more like businesses everyday
Yeah agree 100% there. I can understand the clubs stance but agree that they should at least pass onto the individual player and its up to that person to sign or not. But again I'd be more then happy to give something to the clubs I'm not a member of by paying a fee to have things signed so yeah maybe that's what clubs could look at.

why cant they make it a policy where they will pass it on to the players and it is up to the players discretion on what/how many they sign.

Totally agree there. There is some clubs who do allow things to be posted in they just pass it onto the player and its up to them if they want too. I guess though that some clubs get more mail then others so maybe they are sick of passing them on? But in saying that I wouldn't think they would get all that much sent in

Back
Top Bottom