Uncut cricket cards! Rare??

Tofly77

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrad
hey
Has any one ever seen cards before they were made into cards?
So like 1 huge poster?
As I have the 86 cricket collection x2 uncut .
I have not found anything on internet that these still exist apart from mine.
Any no of any?

sounds like a promo sheet of some sort. I know Upper Deck did a full sheet like that for 1996-97 Collector's choice series 2.

Put this is the cricket section of the forum, pictures would help. Some pretty switched on guys in the cricket section that might be able to help. I have seen the sorts of things I think you mean.

IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG

I've got the complete set also, as well as what would now appear to be a half sheet (uncut) of these cards also, but I haven't seen this 'two up' sheet before...

Some of these uncut sheets materialised out of the Scanlen's factory when they closed down operations in N.S.W. and a few are known to have also been used as promotional pieces in Retail outlets that promoted them.

While it is probably rare, these cards are relatively common and I'm not sure the uncut Sheet is super valuable, but it is unusual and would be worth more than the equivalent set of the cards. I'd guess at $150 - $200 at the most.

Any post 1980's uncut sheet is probably from a source that saw huge numbers of them produced and not many of these cards hold high values (chase, signature and redemption cards excepted), however any pre 1980's uncut sheets, especially those produced before WW2 (or WW1 if you are lucky enough to have them) are exceedingly rare and valuable, albeit with the acknowledgment that because of their size they are difficult to store appropriately.

I've got the complete set also, as well as what would now appear to be a half sheet (uncut) of these cards also, but I haven't seen this 'two up' sheet before...

Some of these uncut sheets materialised out of the Scanlen's factory when they closed down operations in N.S.W. and a few are known to have also been used as promotional pieces in Retail outlets that promoted them.

While it is probably rare, these cards are relatively common and I'm not sure the uncut Sheet is super valuable, but it is unusual and would be worth more than the equivalent set of the cards. I'd guess at $150 - $200 at the most.

Any post 1980's uncut sheet is probably from a source that saw huge numbers of them produced and not many of these cards hold high values (chase, signature and redemption cards excepted), however any pre 1980's uncut sheets, especially those produced before WW2 (or WW1 if you are lucky enough to have them) are exceedingly rare and valuable, albeit with the acknowledgment that because of their size they are difficult to store appropriately.
Thanks for that mate

Back
Top Bottom