Ultra Pro Promo Medal cards

crows2010

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tex
hey guys,

Can anyone shed more light on the oversized ultra pro promo medal cards, they were released in 1995 I think.

Can anyone remember how you got them?

I was lucky enough to acquire the Simon Tregenza (can't exactly remember how) through
one of the sites I assume and it is actually numbered 001. I know it was a card made in conjunction with select of course so just wondering if other 001's are out there for this subset?

Cheers

if they are the ones I am thinking about they were jumbo versions of the 1996 series 1 set. The only reason I remember this is because the normal size medal cards were one of the first insert sets that I ever completed, I remember the normal size medal cards were something like 1:2 boxes, the jumbo ones were through the albumn or redemption or something - trying to rack my brain on how you got them, when I get home ill have a look in the AFL price guide, I am pretty sure it will have the info in there.

Here is an ebay link to a set of the jumbo ones:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUPER-RA...-Football-Cards-5-MINT-FULL-SET-/111902024536

Thinking about it now, the first medal card I got was the simon tregenza fos williams medal card - and its what hooked me to the hobby, my friends were jealous as it was one of the highest inserts we had gotten at the time, I mean at the time we were doing chores and everything we could just to buy 1 or 2 packets, no buying boxes/cases back in those days :)

Back
Top Bottom