UFC Ufc 116 - spoilers

Jets59

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Freddy
Well what an amazing card that was. Awesome night of fights. Gotta say my hats off to Lesnar, I thought he was dead in that first round, but he sucked it up and pulled out the win. Very impressive, Im still no lesnar fan, but very impressive. Gotta give credit where its due. Plus on the brightside that Carwin red auto might come down in price now ;)

I was cheering hard for Leben and was pretty stoked when he pulled off the win. That was an awesome fight. Leben is a friggin zombie, and Sexyama showed he had a pretty tough chin too. Great fight.

Loved Lyttles and Georges victories, and was happy to see Bonar finnally pull off a win, although Im guessing you werent that happy with the result Seige.

What did you guys think?

Saw it at the pub with a bunch of friends, it was going off during the main event!

Still can't believe the 2 main events ended in submission victories. Leban was awesome after fighting only 2 weeks ago. Akiyama would have won by decision if it had of gone to the end, but left his head open for the triangle. Leban almost had a couple of armbars there as well, thought Akiyama would have learnt from the first couple.

The main event was great. Carwin should have finished it in the first, however he punched himself out. Props to Lesnar for taking the punishment. Before the event, i was saying that if it went past Round 1, Lesnar would take it.

The real question is how much mentally did it take out of Carwin when it went to the 2nd round?

A great event all round, good to see George get another win on the board. And a great showing by Bonnar, pretty much saved his job in the UFC.

I watched the event last night. Was a very good event, all the fights on the main card were great.
Loved the Bonnar v Sozsynski fight, shame Kryzstof lost, but was a great fight all the same.

George continues to look better. "Batman" was a tought (top 10 IMAO) opponent and George outclassed him in every area.
I really think that George only needs one more win against a top level opponent to put into title shot contention.

Massive props to Lesnar. Nobody else has managed to weather the Carwin storm. Brock deserved the win.

Official results for Bonuses:

Fight of the night - Chris Leben and Yoshihiro Akiyama AND Stephan Bonnar and Krzysztof Soszynski (well done UFC :thumbsup:)

Submission of the night - Lesnar!

KO of the night - Gerald Harris (with a Rampage style slam AWESOME!!)

Bonuses were US$75,000 each!

Seriously sick card! Why cant they put all round good fights on more often?! Alot of them fights were perfectly matched with even BJJ and equally good stand up which makes it more interesting to watch

I have to say the Leben fight was the best of the year so far, a bit of everything! Leben v Wanderlei is my dream fight and Wandy has said if he can wait 6 months for his ribs to heal and game on! Would be a brave man betting on that fight..both are throwing sleeping pills with bad intentions!!

I think i was cheering so loud for the ref to stop the Carwin fight when he was giving Brock his beans! But full credit to Brock for not giving up when i thought he was gonna tap for strikes, but i will say this...if that was anybody else the ref would of stopped the fight a long time before the end of the 1st hurt or not!

Cant wait for the rematch!

Seriously sick card! Why cant they put all round good fights on more often?! Alot of them fights were perfectly matched with even BJJ and equally good stand up which makes it more interesting to watch

I have to say the Leben fight was the best of the year so far, a bit of everything! Leben v Wanderlei is my dream fight and Wandy has said if he can wait 6 months for his ribs to heal and game on! Would be a brave man betting on that fight..both are throwing sleeping pills with bad intentions!!

I think i was cheering so loud for the ref to stop the Carwin fight when he was giving Brock his beans! But full credit to Brock for not giving up when i thought he was gonna tap for strikes, but i will say this...if that was anybody else the ref would of stopped the fight a long time before the end of the 1st hurt or not!

Cant wait for the rematch!

Yeah mate I totallly agree, We've all seen fights stopped for way less then what Lesnar copped, but in saying that it was for the heavyweight championship so I liked that they gave him a bit more latitude. It was fun watching Lesnar run away like a little girl when Carwin hit him in the face for the first time, when they were standing. He didnt like carwin touching him thats for sure. But he won so enough said.

Yeah that Leben fight was sick, Ive always been a fan of Leben, and I was jumping up and down like a little school girl when he pulled off that submission. Because I think he definately would of lost the decision with the takedowns that sexyama was able to pull off. Awesome fight, awesome card, im still pumped from it.

There was an article on mmajunkie.com where Dana White said a Leben v Wandy fight would be unlikely in the near future due to Wandy's injury and that 'It wouldnt make sense to wait', so looks like Leben will be matched up with someone else before Wandy comes back from his injury.

But bring it on I say, Leben V Wandy would be freakin sick. Potential for fight of the decade I reckon.

I think the card was stacked with fighters who are known for 'coming forward' nearly all the guys on the card were the sort of fighter who always presses the action and wants to get in first. Makes for a good event.

Back
Top Bottom