Twenty 20 World Cup Chat Thread

cricket_cox

Banned User
Real Name
Tim
eBay User
tim410au (visit my homepage link)
Well there I was going on about englands loss to netherlands as was dan :) but look what happened last night.... first over 2/3 we recovred to make 170.... but bloody gayle!!!

Heres australias fixtures (were in group c) that i'll update so we can see the progress (GMT)

Green = Win, Red = Loss

GROUP MATCHES

> June 6 13:00
West Indies

> Jun 8 16:30
Sri Lanka

QUALIFYING

TBC

FINALS

TBC

This could be a very short thread if we lose to Sri Lanka!

we batted down to nine and still had our best bowling attack! yeh right
if we had gayle and sarwan fold as insipidly as watson and ponting the windies wouldn't have got 100, such is the nature of the game! it is all revenue to keep Tests alive!
(steps off the soapbox)

In saying that i did enjoy seeing fidel's reaction to being hit out of the ground

its a bit dissapointing that we did'nt get through but who really gives a crap, its only twenty20's.
let the ashes begin!

Absolute blinder of a catch by some bloke from Scotland last night at deep long on - one of the best of all time!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBNl_IFm_dA"]YouTube - KJ Coetzer's Catch - Scotland Vs South Africa[/ame]

just read the subject title on my email from cricinfo. Sangakarra knocks out australia.

May be T20s but still would of at least like 1 win :(

But still, whos won the last 3 big boys world cups, not to mention 4 overall. Plus i think 2more runners up.

T20 is a game of luck if you ask me. Much more luck involved than 50-50.

ADDED:

WOAH! that bloke has a right hand of god. love those on the boundry one hand in mid air. Someone once wrote into the cricket show asking why players only use one hand. well try jumping as high as you can with 2 hands above your head. then try it with 1 :)

Its a bit embarressing when Ireland and Netherlands finish in front of us!!!

yeh it is, but they are in different groups to us, with easier opponents, and along with that, most nations aren't taking it that seriously so they play their younger players

That catch was a ripper! Unfortuanely for him, his side got flogged!

As others have already stated, lets just get on with the real cricket, the ashes!
Im sort of glad in a way, (never like seeing aus get beaten mind you) because it will allow the players to focus on the "real" series ahead

Back
Top Bottom