Blazers

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
Important win by the Blazers today. They have been the surprising disappointment so far this year, given how good they were last year. I think they can make the playoffs and maybe even get as high as the 6th seed - and they did it without Melo today. As serviceable as he's been( more than serviceable to be fair) I see his minutes dropping off sharply as they start to pick up steam. With a hopefully healthy Nurkic they will be a handful by season's end.

Anfernee Simons: "where the bloody hell are you"? I suspect after this season my brief flirtation with basketball prospecting will be over. Only SGA can tidy up the mess.

1. Anfernee Simons ( I love watching this kid play but he's beginning to worry me)
2. Troy Brown Junior ( Go ahead. Mock me. Laugh.)
3.Kevin Knox ( safe to say he's a massive bust)
5. Marvin Bagley III ( not sure what the go is here, but again, not looking great)
4. Sekou Doumbouya ( thankfully not much invested and, unlike the others, is in his first season)

Anyone think Portland can replicate last year and make it to the Conference final?

It was a massive win for them and they’ve been plying well lately. Dame has taken the team on his back and earned the win himself.

I can’t see them getting too far in the playoffs this year. Teams will figure out how to guard Lillard and they’ll struggle.

I gotta say though, after the players got through the emotional start, it was a fun game to watch from a basketball fan point of view.

No chance Portland make WCF.
There’s a chance Simons gets traded, hopefully to a better situation for him, so don’t give up on him yet

Lakers were unbackable at $1.11 yesterday and I was in 2 minds - put them in a multi and forget about it cause they were going to win OR add Portland in the multi and boost it from 150-1 to like 2000-1. Guess which way I went........and had them as the first of 10 legs too......

Lakers were unbackable at $1.11 yesterday and I was in 2 minds - put them in a multi and forget about it cause they were going to win OR add Portland in the multi and boost it from 150-1 to like 2000-1. Guess which way I went........and had them as the first of 10 legs too......

I saw a quote at half time that the Blazers were paying $5.50 for the win.......should have got on them!

Have to say Damian Lillard is fast becoming one of my favourite players!

I saw a quote at half time that the Blazers were paying $5.50 for the win.......should have got on them!

Have to say Damian Lillard is fast becoming one of my favourite players!
yep! at the time it was lakers 1.11 and blazers 7.00, i thought they may be less affected by the emotion as much as that is possible, not being their home court etc)

saying all that - still NO HOBBY LOVE - NO RESPECT MY AUTHORITA!!!!

download (1).jpg

The emotion
No chance Portland make WCF.
There’s a chance Simons gets traded, hopefully to a better situation for him, so don’t give up on him yet

I hope you are right. He's never going to start in Portland. I thought if he absolutely balled out they may have shopped CJ ( have no idea of his contract length, etc.). I really like Simons' game.

As for Portland's chances, I am going to back them while they're @100-1.... for leverage later on if nothing else. I think they can get back there provided Nurkic is playing well and either the Lakers or Clippers trip up. Stranger things have happened. Lillard is an absolute stud

Last edited:

Ouch. Maybe it's hindsight bias but it is astonishing how many times one gets tripped up in the coin-toss.

Back
Top Bottom