Trading horror stories.

GirlsDigMyScore

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Allen
Some chick put a lot of Magic the Gathering cards on ebay boasting they were purchased for over $800, never played and a great addition to anybodies collection.

When they arrived, most of them were in reasonable/good condition, then there were others that weren't even Magic the Gathering cards, a couple looked so bad they could have gone through the washing mashine or something, one was drawn on with a pen, one bent, etc, etc. On top of that the lot of cards was fairly heavy with basic land (worthless shite) and included tip cards that if you know the rules usually goes from pack to trash can.

A while ago I contacted a woman from a local trading post in my city, selling first edition pokemon cards. I don't know much about them but I enjoy collection and checked the values and first edition had a limited print run and the value of the cards was apparently much higher than her asking price. She dropped off a bunch of other edition cards and when I asked her for the money back she got me kicked from the trading group (facebook) and told them all I had verbally abused her and had a posse over at her place!
I actually have audio recording of the conversation I had with the woman, because I had a hunch she was just gonna scam me like this since she'd already blocked my email before I visited. I also have text record of her accusing me of being a criminal on facebook, she actually posted something like this in response to an "oh, lucky you have your dogs to protect you!" Ahem, "All men are pigs, time to take the dogs out for some pig hunting!" ...What the fuck? Also it was a local forum for my town and there were a few threats against me made... It really upset me for a long time.

Anyone else have horror stories of trading cards with people who don't know anything about cards?

Back
Top Bottom