HF: Brennan N.Ablett Liddell
FF: Matera Day Dixon
FOL: Fraser, G.Ablett, Rischitelli

INTER: Toy, Smith, Iles
SUB: Sewell
E: Liddy, Jolly, Hutchins

BOLD= listed AFL players before Gold Coast

UNDERLINED= Ex AFL players

I'm scared...GC and GWS are going to kill everyone in the next 10 years...

10 years? Gold coast will be a powerhouse within 5 years the way they're going. GWS will take longer but i think they could be a top 6 team in about 7 years

10 years? Gold coast will be a powerhouse within 5 years the way they're going. GWS will take longer but i think they could be a top 6 team in about 7 years

Maybe not on the field...but with the draft they'll have awesome young guns and everyone else will be left with crappy oldies...

I heard since GC only signed 8/16 uncontracted players they could get the first 8 picks in the PSD :(

Taz is still a good pick up though

---------- Post added 11-10-2010 at 10:46 PM ----------

Maybe not on the field...but with the draft they'll have awesome young guns and everyone else will be left with crappy oldies...

I heard since GC only signed 8/16 uncontracted players they could get the first 8 picks in the PSD :(

Yea not sure about the PSD picks, but i think the Suns will end up with another AFL/Ex-AFL player for next season.

This is what i think the suns line up will be next year

FB: Hunt Coad Brown
HB: Harbrow Bock Krakouer
MID: Mckenzie Harris Swallow
HF: Brennan N.Ablett Liddell
FF: Matera Day Dixon
FOL: Fraser, G.Ablett, Rischitelli

INTER: Toy, Smith, Iles
SUB: Sewell
E: Liddy, Jolly, Hutchins

BOLD= listed AFL players before Gold Coast

UNDERLINED= Ex AFL players

---------- Post added 11-10-2010 at 10:31 PM ----------

better than a few other teams lists IMO.

I think they will finish 10th

Nathan Ablett will be lucky to even have a contract next year! He has layed 1 Senior game in the VFL and his form has been sh!thouse at best!

The suns are putting together a nice squad but 1 or 2 injuries at the moment and they'll sink to 14 - 17 on the ladder!

Im happy as a crows fan with trade week! We actually made a couple of reasonable pickus! Just hope Tambling can turn into something like he was expected too!

Yea i know about Nathan Ablett, but apparently was best on in the last GC game this season, and was starting to find some form.

Last i heard, Mckenna had told him he was 50/50 to be signed for next year, but had until the list finalisation date to prove him self.

He will be on there list next year.

I'm scared...GC and GWS are going to kill everyone in the next 10 years...

yeah of course they will... The picks and other additions from the AFL (money etc) are ridiculous, yes fine, you can give a brand new side some money and draft picks to start them off but the amount of stuff they have received from the AFL is a joke.. None of the recent additions (30yrs ago to Now) to the AFL (i.e. Adelaide, Port, WCE and Freo) never got this amount of stuff from the AFL so it just seems a bit unfair.:mad:

yeah of course they will... The picks and other additions from the AFL (money etc) are ridiculous, yes fine, you can give a brand new side some money and draft picks to start them off but the amount of stuff they have received from the AFL is a joke.. None of the recent additions (30yrs ago to Now) to the AFL (i.e. Adelaide, Port, WCE and Freo) never got this amount of stuff from the AFL so it just seems a bit unfair.:mad:

Exactly right Anthony, GWS get the same treatment, the AFL are very much just handing them a premiership. It sucks.

Yer ive said all along i dont care if the GWS or GC win a primership in the first 5 - 7 years. Ill never count it in my mind as a real win. As they are being handed it, not developing a squad etc just throwing money at people

Yer ive said all along i dont care if the GWS or GC win a primership in the first 5 - 7 years. Ill never count it in my mind as a real win. As they are being handed it, not developing a squad etc just throwing money at people

not too sure if anyone can be handed a premiership guys, it takes a hell of alot of hard work and a little bit of luck. just think, a club would not survive if made to build its own side with no help, they would be easy beats for 5 or more years and would kill off 80% of their membership base. i think what the AFL are doing with these 2 new sides is smart. keeps competition healthy. i really dont think the gold coast will be premiership contenders for atleast 6 years, and who knows, it only takes a couple of bad trades in the next few years and your back to square one again. im excited about the new teams, just a shame one of them isnt tassie :)

If we use our 2 compo picks we are left in a very strong position with 6 in the top 38. not too shabby considering GC have 9. So the other 15 teams share 23 picks

Back
Top Bottom