Topps Star Wars Card Trader App ?

Cheers Trevor!! I have brought a few here and there. As soon as I pull the card I'm chasing, I just stop opening packs though. It's hurting me, not having any credits to get the Rey portraits or my last galactic ship. Will take some good trades to get them. All of these will be going to eBay shortly to pay for a couple of cases of game of thrones 5

Cheers Trevor!! I have brought a few here and there. As soon as I pull the card I'm chasing, I just stop opening packs though. It's hurting me, not having any credits to get the Rey portraits or my last galactic ship. Will take some good trades to get them. All of these will be going to eBay shortly to pay for a couple of cases of game of thrones 5

I think that the Rey portraits will be relatively easy to trade for if you go for lower colours. The higher colour people are pulling lots of lower colours, and rey will be the highest count (like Revisited). I am intending to wait until the last days of portraits and will open lots, then backtrade (I think).

Another Gold, this time BB-8 with another shopping list of needs, this time including some of the "pack bonus" Orange Reys from the other day..... Personally I just can't see myself having the time to attempt any of these Gold chases, especially in the 24 hour window they've set. Bit of a pity....

yes, i'm ignoring them completely - I haven't even finished my green and orange sets and I'm certainly not going to burn inserts that I like to trade for base cards that will then be melted.

And even more fun today with two on the go, both with a big shopping list of needs, but there's also a lower cost version, but with only a 2% chance at getting the gold....Yeah, I don't think so...

And even more fun today with two on the go, both with a big shopping list of needs, but there's also a lower cost version, but with only a 2% chance at getting the gold....Yeah, I don't think so...
I took a shot at 2%. Failed miserably. Wasn't a chance at getting all the greens and oranges, so no point keeping worthless whites.
As annoying as it is to have these huge requirements, I actually like it. Golds should be rare!! If they'd kept up the whole 100 required for melding, we would see counts of 5000-10000 for these cards, because everyone started hoarding whites.
I don't care about sets, and never have, and I don't know why so many do. Why collect all these cards of characters you don't care about, to get an award of two characters you don't care about?
My strategy has changed a bit now. Instead of chasing all golds ( I have every white card well over 100), I'm just concentrating on greens and oranges of my Hoards (around 20 characters)I'm going really hard after them, so I don't get caught on the next surprise meld, and have to be gouged to get what I need.
People are still thinking that inserts are the valuable cards here (some are, like awards), but oranges are the money makers. All future melds will require more and more greens and oranges, so if you're not trying to trade for them, you will get nothing.

Last edited:
I took a shot at 2%. Failed miserably. Wasn't a chance at getting all the greens and oranges, so no point keeping worthless whites.
As annoying as it is to have these huge requirements, I actually like it. Golds should be rare!! If they'd kept up the whole 100 required for melding, we would see counts of 5000-10000 for these cards, because everyone started hoarding whites.
I don't care about sets, and never have, and I don't know why so many do. Why collect all these cards of characters you don't care about, to get an award of two characters you don't care about?
My strategy has changed a bit now. Instead of chasing all golds ( I have every white card well over 100), I'm just concentrating on greens and oranges of my Hoards (around 20 characters)I'm going really hard after them, so I don't get caught on the next surprise meld, and have to be gouged to get what I need.
People are still thinking that inserts are the valuable cards here (some are, like awards), but oranges are the money makers. All future melds will require more and more greens and oranges, so if you're not trying to trade for them, you will get nothing.

hey mate, have i added you to my friends list? whats your username on sw? :) (too many pages to go back over to find it if you put it up... lol)

+1 this, I will do the 2% if I happen to have close to the requirements. Unlike you though, for me, inserts are the good cards because they have different images. I don't really need 20 different cards of the same shot with different colour backgrounds even if it's my favourite character. You're right that green and orange are the rare cards, but I don't really care about rarity. I do want to complete my green and orange sets to get those awards off the list!

+1 this, I will do the 2% if I happen to have close to the requirements. Unlike you though, for me, inserts are the good cards because they have different images. I don't really need 20 different cards of the same shot with different colour backgrounds even if it's my favourite character. You're right that green and orange are the rare cards, but I don't really care about rarity. I do want to complete my green and orange sets to get those awards off the list!
I didn't say they weren't the good cards, I said they're not the valuable ones now. Because the melds are getting harder, the greens and oranges are more valuable. People are still thinking like, this is just a free app, and I'll just have some fun. If you're smart about this, you can make some money off of it. I still have more fun chasing insert sets, but why not try to pay for some real cards in the process.

Last edited:
Hi Jen, that was me. Could still use it if I have anything for it - I have a few other schematics if you want them...
I have lots of spare schematics already. Do you have something else? Also, they use a bit of metal (3?) so you can take my 5x if you need it - you will need to find someone with lots of singles and trade it for 4 singles. Set up the trade since I have no idea what you want to keep or not. You don't need to find a fair trade, any decent insert (ie trading fodder) will do and it doesn't matter if I have it.

Must say my interest in this and the other apps has waned a fair bit recently... Still checking in most days to get coins, but not finding a whole lot that I want to chase... Have 250K of coins saved which isn't really normal for me... LOL!

How's everyone else doing ?

pretty much the same,

Huddle Bunt Kick I am just coin collecting, and SW I am chasing the 8 bit cards and the teals so that's keeping my coin turnover going.

The hype around the quad scenes was just ridiculous! Haven't seen so much chat and wheeling and dealing over a set for a long time. (A 3 card set at that)
People claiming to get vintage Han, reflections, galactic ships etc for these. I did ok with a few I traded away. Not that good though. Lol
I got suckered in to doing the Japanese scroll (a.k.a beach towel) set too. Pulled the first 3 really easy, so after that had to go for the set. Cards 4-14 cost me a small fortune in coins though, and the "no trade" till after award drops made it almost impossible for me to complete. Finally got there though.

I really don't get the no trade till after award, it's a pure burn through credits option and defeats the purpose of the app I mean it is called Star Wars card trader......

Back
Top Bottom