Topps Replacement - Dez Bryant RC Auto

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Got this in the mail today. Was a replacement for a Randall Cobb/ Titus Young Five Star booklet dual Auto. Not a terrible card to get, but hate that the hit I got from a $500 box becomes a hit from a $80 box. They should at least give you something from the same product I reckon...

This one's for sale if any Cowpokes fans are interested ! Forgive the lint - note to self, don't use a tissue on the scanner glass !!! :rolleyes:

dez.jpg

Yeah I'm starting to stress a little on the two Knockout 2013 Overeem autos I'm waiting on from Topps.

The dumb thing is half of the autos were included in the release, the other half seems to be by redemption.

I hate the way Topps do their redemptions, especially their replacements (Panini are a lot better in this aspect). I agree you should have received something back from the same product or an equivalent and even if a Topps Chrome Auto RC tend to be quite valuable. Cobb always sells well, but I guess having Titus Young on the booklet may bring the value down a little?

I hate the way Topps do their redemptions, especially their replacements (Panini are a lot better in this aspect). I agree you should have received something back from the same product or an equivalent and even if a Topps Chrome Auto RC tend to be quite valuable. Cobb always sells well, but I guess having Titus Young on the booklet may bring the value down a little?

Yeah, probably value for value I might be even or possibly better off, but if you buy a top shelf product I think you should get a replacement from the same product, even if it's a random pulled card. Especially as this was for a 2 auto booklet, the hit of the Five Star box, even if they were pretty ordinary guys on my card.

Don't know how they can come up with a value anyway, considering they never actually produced the card they're valuing ??

Definitely. You buy a box of Five Star expecting to get Five Star product back not a Topps Chrome card back. I think they base the value of "Beckett value" which means absolutely nothing really and makes no sense what-so-ever.

Sent them an "I'm not happy email" and gave them a bit of a serve on twitter...will see if anything comes of it...

The whole redemption thing is becoming a bit of a joke. Seems there's nothing to stop them now from listing cards that they won't ever actually make available and then just sending out whatever replacement they wish...

Topps are terrible, I have had a Brian Wilson Jersey/auto from Triple Threads in for over a year now. I really want the card even though he is now with the Dodgers but am afraid that if I chase it up I will end up with some worthless minor league prospect!! Have got a few Bernard Pierce and Melvin Ingrams in too but it is so hard to get any updates

Seems to me that customer satisfaction should be the main factor with regard to resolving redemption issues.
How many companies sell a product, pocket the cash and then tell the customer they're not getting what they paid for because it's not available and actually never was?
Not many, and those that do wouldn't be in business very long.
At worst, I think they should offer a range of replacement cards to choose from, including cards from the same set, the same player from other sets and cards of equivalent rarity.

I know, I'm dreamin' :rofl:

Seems to me that customer satisfaction should be the main factor with regard to resolving redemption issues.
How many companies sell a product, pocket the cash and then tell the customer they're not getting what they paid for because it's not available and actually never was?
Not many, and those that do wouldn't be in business very long.
At worst, I think they should offer a range of replacement cards to choose from, including cards from the same set, the same player from other sets and cards of equivalent rarity.

I know, I'm dreamin' :rofl:

So true - It's becoming almost fraudulent they way they go about it. Did they even have agreements for Auto's in place when they created these redemptions ?? Who would know ?? And then to make up for disappointing their customer by not having the Auto in the first place, they go and make it worse with the replacement when they could have done the right thing and scored some good will and loyalty by really looking after the customer.

I must say though that Press Pass rock at looking after their customers with customer service on the NASCAR side of things, and I just hope they continue to do so as they grow. UD used to be good too. I remember years ago when they couldn't fulfill a redemption they sent me 3 auto's from high end products as compensation.

Topps and Panini are pretty poor at it, although at least Panini have a system you can ask for updates on as well as their redemption post on Knights Lance. Like Rusty said, trying to contact Topps is near impossible...

I see on BO someone else is not to happy with their Topps redemption replacement recently. They also had a Five Star replaced with a Topps Chrome - this time a 2012 Five Star Five Star Signatures Gold Auto of Terry Bradshaw being replaced with a 2010 Sam Bradford Topps Chrome Auto RC (who may have liked this one better... :thumbsup:)

Back
Top Bottom