Today's BGS Returns!

FeerTheDeer84

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daniel
Hi Everyone,

New on the forums here, so figured I'd share some cards with you all that i got back from a Beckett Grading Submission i done via Cherry Collectables recently. Only had 3 cards in this submission, been a long wait, and was delayed due to the holiday period, but it finally came back today!

Hope the pictures are at a decent enough size, my first time doing this haha!

Here's the returns:

1998-99 Finest Refractor - Jason Williams RC.

This was a raw card i found tucked in a bulk lot on eBay 6 or so months back. There was a Dirk Nowitzki RC and a No Protector Paul Pierce RC in there too among others.

White Chocolate was a favourite growing up, him and Chris Webber's time together was awesome to watch!! You just never knew what would happen next with this guy! It was amazing to me! Just a whole new perspective on the game, by one of the most exciting players during that era! - This is the first one graded in over a decade and it came back with 4 x 9.5 subs!!
I peeled the protector off the front as this card is staying in my collection forever and it was grubby and dull. This card really pops in person! So i had to let it Refract!
View attachment 301192

2018-19 Contenders Rookie Ticket Autograph - Collin Sexton.

This was a pull from Contenders last year, great player! Lot's of upside to Collin Sexton IMO.
Can see this kid doing great things as the years progress, few things to work on, but it isn't much honestly. His role on the current Cavs roster is undeniable!
View attachment 301193

2017-18 Prizm - De'Aaron Fox Prizm Silver RC!.
View attachment 301204

I'm mainly a Bucks card collector, but also.. like most collectors, i like to keep a various selection of other players/teams and their rookie cards to space things out a little, and keep the hunt interesting.

The Kings have always been a favourite since i was a young lad, so i'm always happy to purchase some Sacramento Kings cards for the Collection. This was another Ebay raw card purchase during the last off-season which i was not expecting to grade, but when it arrived and i gave it a clean, it was undeniable!

0.5 off the elusive Black Label this time! - In the great words of Wayne (One day...It will be mine.. ohh yes.. it will be mine) haha.

That's all for now, but I'd be happy to share some more stuff if that is something that anyone would be interested in?
My collection is pretty weird and all over the place besides the Bucks stuff, but that is a WIP in itself.

Cheers & Happy Collecting!

Daniel.

Last edited:
That Fox is a beauty!

I'm the same, my collection is starting to take a weird turn.. I've just started picking up DiVincenzo items and I don't even watch the Bucks but I enjoy looking for his stuff :D

That Fox is a beauty!

I'm the same, my collection is starting to take a weird turn.. I've just started picking up DiVincenzo items and I don't even watch the Bucks but I enjoy looking for his stuff :D
Cheers!, Yeah the BGS 10 was a surprise for sure! :D
Donte is underrated! Great player and a key piece for the Bucks moving forward! His cards are really cheap compared to other players in the 18/19 draft class, so definitely worth picking up now for the future! Nice One!

The Fox is sick 😍
Cheers mate! Yeah it's even more crazy in person! Pretty much a flawless example. Was checking the pop reports this morning, and there is only 13 x BGS 10 copies of that card graded! Spun me out as there's several hundred gem mint 9.5s in circulation. Real tough grade to get on 17/18 prizm it seems.

Nice post with some skip20 level commentary which I always appreciate reading. The Jwill is an awesome card
Haha! Glad you enjoyed mate. Definitely stoked about the JWill, it's a lovely card no doubt!. Brings back memories of a time when i was completely obsessed with the game, so it's become a sentimental addition to my collection for sure.

You've got a good eye for grading mate! that Kings team was robbed in the western conference finals by the Lakers.....part fo the small market team struggles!

Just out of curiousity did you peel it and then send it in for grading?

You've got a good eye for grading mate! that Kings team was robbed in the western conference finals by the Lakers.....part fo the small market team struggles!

Just out of curiousity did you peel it and then send it in for grading?
Cheers mate, i was buying/selling vinyl records for 15yrs before i came back to the card hobby, so had a lot of condition experience from inspecting those that surprisingly translates over to inspecting cards.. essentially looking for similar flaws, even though they are two complete different things.
With the J Will card, it had the peel on it when i bought it, but it was really dirty and dulled the card. So i peeled it and then used a microfiber cloth in a circular motion whilst i applied heat from breathing onto the surface to remove the 20yr old residue left behind from the peel haha, did this for about 10 minutes before it was a mirror finish. The edges, centering and corners were immaculate so i only focused on surface before submitting. It was the weakest link.
Same as the Fox Prizm Silver, just lots of polishing the surface and back of card.

Back
Top Bottom