To One Touch or not to One Touch?

Bax

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ant
eBay User
thebaxter73
... that is the question.

Looking for advice on best way to treat a card; it’s been redeemed by Select and come in sleeve with a “Void if removed” sticker.

I’d rather store it in a One Touch. What value is there in retaining the card with the “Secure” sticker? Any?

540CD29E-7E5B-4C1F-BD8D-6DBD8C1AF6E1.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that sticker is mainly to prove it's all good when it is received in the post... after that it doesn't mean anything although would provide some piece of mind for a potential buyer if you end up selling it.
If it's going to be in your PC forever, then I reckon One Touch it for sure.

I have heard the stickers only last a few weeks before they come off anyway.

So one touch with a one touch bag over the top is my go to.

another vote for one-touch...maybe keep the sticker? tape it to the one touch?

Here are my thoughts:
Remember any card requiring redemption prior to 2018 did not have one of those stickers! Point being, is that to say any card prior to such year is going to hold less value because of such?! Dur no IMO

Bottom line is whatever sentiment way you want to install it is what counts and finally, I do think you have initiated a pretty good valid thread right here!

I wonder if Select is intending to reflect a certain grading rating, i.e. if it’s still sealed it’s 10 corners etc.

The “void if removed” bit is what’s making me think that; they are guaranteeing a certain quality?

I wonder if Select is intending to reflect a certain grading rating, i.e. if it’s still sealed it’s 10 corners etc.

The “void if removed” bit is what’s making me think that; they are guaranteeing a certain quality?
i think its just to show it hasnt been tampered with between them and you...?
they cant be guaranteeing a certain quality unless they do the grading aswell?

BTW does anybody know the point thickness of the 2016-17 certified Guernsey cards?
Regular cards are 35 pt and supremacy ones are 135 pt
Definitely something in between

Is there any risk with one touch? Like surface scratches? Also do people put them in penny sleeves then in a one touch(if that's even possible)

Is there any risk with one touch? Like surface scratches? Also do people put them in penny sleeves then in a one touch(if that's even possible)
Sometimes you can put them into penny sleeves however they can be difficult to shut if you do. I have done with a few of mine in the past however if it was a actually possible

I have heard stories from people about one-touch cases scratching the cards, but I guess it's how you display them and transport them.

I only have one card in a one-touch. It went straight in there and into my display unit so it doesn't move around at all really. However, if I had to transport that specific card, I would probably just sleeve and top load it, then put it back into the one-touch for display.

Back
Top Bottom