TLA Traders 2022 Official Thread

Pretty sure I saw on Gold Coast cards site, that League Leaders is the Retail case card, and Club Heroes and Legends are the Hobby case cards? Site says Priority has two case cards, but doesn't say what. I can't figure out the odds and ratios - and the prices for Club Hero case cards are sitting really high compared to past Traders (and Elite) case cards, but I guess it is those mad first couple of weeks. I'd also expect (or hope) The Creator cards ease to $60-$80.

Beyond the sell sheet I have yet to see a League Leader card posted anywhere, but I barely glimpsed them on Facebook pages last year either.
Regarding the rainbow spectrum of Master & Apprentice, there's the standard black ones in boxes, and there's the cool looking black parallel ones numbered /23, which are one of the priority box cards.
The Legends case cards are in priority only /30 each (60 priority cases). I have heard that each priority case also has a club heroes parallel case card. I haven’t seen this myself though.

The club heroes parallel is the case card for the hobby cases. 32 cards /30 each

So, that makes 960 club heroes case cards, 900 are in the hobby cases and the remaining 60 in priority with the legends.

The league leaders are the case card for the retail product (newsagents etc). I don’t think these are actually sealed in cases and I have heard they might not be numbered this year. I am not sure how these will be distributed.

Legend case card ( Mal Meninga ) has a major error ...Has Laurie Daley as the name on the back NOT Meninga ...

I have messaged Mal Meninga pleading with him on behalf of all collectors to go to bat for us to change TLA's mind on not fixing this stuff up, will advise if he ever gets back to me.....not holding my breath though.

I have messaged Mal Meninga pleading with him on behalf of all collectors to go to bat for us to change TLA's mind on not fixing this stuff up, will advise if he ever gets back to me.....not holding my breath though.
His money would have already cleared mate , doubt he would care tbh. Have they already said they won’t replace them ?

The greatest game. The last 10 minutes of tonight's game is what makes league so great. Both hilarious Benny Hill style comedy with eyepopping skill. Go Souths.

Ooph. Souths didn't deserve to win but I would've taken it. Exciting last 15 minutes. I might go and have a few dollars on the Storm to win the premiership. Hard to go past them and Penrith this year.

I raised a point with last years elite that it was crazy with some of the high prices the patches were going for considering the usual colour chart which told you how many colours were on each number wasn’t available.
With the quality of the legends cards being average at best the last few years and them being by redemption this year , one would assume this was done to rectify the quality issue , but is there any guarantee they won’t be streaked or smudged ? Or is the redemption idea aimed at another back yard dumpster find to be on sold on eBay in a few years maybe ?

The redemption is to stop shock horror kiddies pulling a Legends sig and ruining it.
But does it stop the poor quality autos we’ve seen for a few years now ?What I’m getting at , are people going to pay $500 for a legends card that has a $300 auto . It’s a decent amount of money to outlay for a redemption not knowing what you’ll receive. I honestly hope I’m completely wrong and they are all spot on as they deserve to be .

Saw pics of the 2022 League Leaders today. Not serial numbered.

An example:

LL-obv.jpg
LL-rev.jpg

Last edited:
Not related to 22 traders but is there a thread on here for 07 invincible predictor shares, tried getting one going on FB with not much luck, I’ve got a broncos one I’d like to redeem
Thanks

Not related to 22 traders but is there a thread on here for 07 invincible predictor shares, tried getting one going on FB with not much luck, I’ve got a broncos one I’d like to redeem
Thanks
There isn’t mate but if you start a thread and want to organise the redemption I am sure that a few collectors on here will have one lying around.

A quick question the show cards I am seeing with dealers and on eBay. How are they distributed ? What show did you have to go to to get them or this just a promo for dealers to sell ? Any help greatly appreciated.

I think the criteria for the Legends Card is that you have to have been inducted into the NRL Hall of Fame and I don't think the Chief has been yet.

It would be a cool card though because if you support Newcastle or NSW the Chief is no doubt a Legend.
I support neither but the Chief was one of my favourite players. I feel like an old man remeniscing but the years before the Super League fiasco were the golden years of Rugby League for me. The Kangaroo tours to GB and France in 1990 and 1994 were epic. The Kangaroo tour of PNG in 1991 was a spin out. Plus all the Trans Tasman Tests against the Kiwis. Those were the days.

I doubt League will ever get popular around the world but we should have a 6 nations type tournament in our neck of the woods every year. Australia, NZ, PNG,Samoa,Tonga,Fiji, Cook Islands( I know that's 7, lol). That would be great for the game imo.

Back
Top Bottom