TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

Hi,
Any Souths, Eels or Saints collectors chasing the 2021 Traders Gold League Leaders?

Do we pick the scab off an old wound?

I still don't get how these are going for $300+ when the 2020 equivalents also numbered to 100 are $30 at best.

Please explain.................
They are well overpriced at $300. As they are meant to be a case card this time around (even though very few made it into sealed cases, if any), I think that the prices of $60-$100 is reasonable. My understanding is that even though they weren't in sealed cases, a case still had to be purchased to acquire one.

They are well overpriced at $300. As they are meant to be a case card this time around (even though very few made it into sealed cases, if any), I think that the prices of $60-$100 is reasonable. My understanding is that even though they weren't in sealed cases, a case still had to be purchased to acquire one.
again, i say, all cards to be put in boxes, NO MATTER WHAT CARD.
I am so sick and tired of the c r a p, about this.
Give the dealers a reduced price for selling the product, after all there the ones earning tla an income.

Oh so TLA or the manufacturer forgot to put then in the cases and therefor an individual (assume employed by TLA) needed to distribute them manually.

This then makes it seem to me that this individual may have been manipulating the distribution of them and hence the inflated prices.

Surely any reputable person associated with the hobby wouldn't put their own personal gain and integrity at risk and do that?

Cheers
Ross

Oh so TLA or the manufacturer forgot to put then in the cases and therefor an individual (assume employed by TLA) needed to distribute them manually.

This then makes it seem to me that this individual may have been manipulating the distribution of them and hence the inflated prices.

Surely any reputable person associated with the hobby wouldn't put their own personal gain and integrity at risk and do that?

Cheers
Ross
likely scenario.

Cheers
Ross
From what I was told, and I can't speak to the veracity of the facts, the GLL were initially intended on being distributed into hobby level starter packs. Apparently a retailer (Ampol ?) then put in a huge order which wiped out hobby starter packs (and significantly limited retail starters) from this release. By this stage, the GLL were printed and as retail (newsagent cases) generally don't have case cards, the GLL were then allocated to those. Is this how it went down? Probably not but this is what I heard. We all know that where this is money to be made, strange stuff happens.

Do we pick the scab off an old wound?

I still don't get how these are going for $300+ when the 2020 equivalents also numbered to 100 are $30 at best.

Please explain.................
The biggest problem with the price on these cards is that collectors are paying the listed price ...While the cards are selling for the high price they will keep listing them high ...Once collectors stop paying overs for the cards you will find the price will drop ....
Cards are only worth as much as a collector will pay ....

From what I was told, and I can't speak to the veracity of the facts, the GLL were initially intended on being distributed into hobby level starter packs. Apparently a retailer (Ampol ?) then put in a huge order which wiped out hobby starter packs (and significantly limited retail starters) from this release. By this stage, the GLL were printed and as retail (newsagent cases) generally don't have case cards, the GLL were then allocated to those. Is this how it went down? Probably not but this is what I heard. We all know that where this is money to be made, strange stuff happens.
still not above board.

The biggest problem with the price on these cards is that collectors are paying the listed price ...While the cards are selling for the high price they will keep listing them high ...Once collectors stop paying overs for the cards you will find the price will drop ....
Cards are only worth as much as a collector will pay ....
So why has Wang got 2004 Captains still at $1000 ?

I would love to know how many he is holding ?
Wonder how often he has had offers for them.
I was instore some years ago with cash in hand
hundreds of dollars after cricket cards. Any deal
for cash bulk deal ???? Nope

Back
Top Bottom