TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

Funny because last year, work gave out rolls of toilet paper from the warehouse when it was hard to get and we a felt like we should walk together til we got to our cars for protection 🤣

Another example of TLA quality control at its finest. What a way to spoil a tremendous card.

26B765D1-9FF0-426D-B6B9-0A4BEA49C3BC.jpeg

Not sure of the process in packing sigs but I would assume TLA checks them before they're sent to China.
They then go into an automated machine for packing and this is where the damage is done.
I don't think anyone would have been aware of the damage until the packs were opened here by collectors.

Not sure of the process in packing sigs but I would assume TLA checks them before they're sent to China.
They then go into an automated machine for packing and this is where the damage is done.
I don't think anyone would have been aware of the damage until the packs were opened here by collectors.
I think this is why all high end signatures should be via redemption. While the above accounts for some of the damage, there are plenty that are smudged because they aren’t allowed to dry properly post signing. I don’t know if TLA even supervise the signing of cards anymore.

So has anybody heard anything from TLA about the issue?

So has anybody heard anything from TLA about the issue?
My guess is they are hoping no one complains and they get away with it . Pretty sure it would be a mission and costly for them to re-do - all of the autos again. The legends have been a disgrace. And while people are paying stupid money on eBay for junk signatures I can’t see a positive outcome unfortunately

I started collecting today, bought 2 packs from a shop near my work and pull this out. Can anyone tell me what this might be worth?

IMG_20210324_184258.jpg

I was just looking on ebay and found 6 different case cards from this years traders.They are no.to 100.What are these ones.☺

My kids have been buying packets from a box in Coles.

They've bought about 12 packs...and 9 of them only had a parallel. They've got a Trio Manly card and a couple of Rising Stars. They've been a bit miffed but that's life.

This morning, on the school run, the younger son begs for a packet. I relent (the junkie I am). Lucky we did...Liam Knight Signature Redemption 27 / 58.

Better feeling than searching Starter packs in the newsagents for the Black Startoons!!! Better than Lego!!!

Anyway...is this normal for a box with a sig? Fewer inserts in the box?

I was just looking on ebay and found 6 different case cards from this years traders.They are no.to 100.What are these ones.☺
There are 3 different sets of Case Cards in NRL Traders 2021.

15 x Retirement Case Cards - Numbered to 55.
2 x Legends Case Cards - Numbered to 55.
9 x League Leader Case Cards - Numbered to 100.

My kids have been buying packets from a box in Coles.

They've bought about 12 packs...and 9 of them only had a parallel. They've got a Trio Manly card and a couple of Rising Stars. They've been a bit miffed but that's life.

This morning, on the school run, the younger son begs for a packet. I relent (the junkie I am). Lucky we did...Liam Knight Signature Redemption 27 / 58.

Better feeling than searching Starter packs in the newsagents for the Black Startoons!!! Better than Lego!!!

Anyway...is this normal for a box with a sig? Fewer inserts in the box?

From the boxes I've opened, there have only been 5 or 6 dud (parallel only) packs per box. Sounds like Coles have been topping a box up and you've got unlucky - or they got a box towards the end of the packing run.

Great hit on the Black Sig though - can't complain at all!

Haven't bought Rugby League cards since 94. I would like to buy a box Thursday. Pretty impressed that actual on card autos can be had. Can anyone tell me the rough odds of hitting those? The on card version not the facsimile. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom