TLA 2018 NRL Season in Review Official Thread (Major Update Page 5)

I have a slightly used Kidney for sale. Please PM me expressions of interest.

Guide price $990.

Cheers
Ross
Damn if thats the going rate for a kidney should of just bought yours instead of taking my mums haha by the way kidney on the black market going around $30,000 give or take

In no way do I mean to offend Storm, Titans, Warriors or Cowboys fans but it'd be like GWS and GC Suns too...there wouldn't be the number of collectors of high end around for those teams imho.

I mean I'm a hard core collector to a point but this is a bus stop I get off at. Fantastic product and I can't fault ESP for manufacturing it but I too can't see a lot of collectors dropping a grand for this.

Integeated in to Elite at a hobby level price there would be more buy in and guys like me would dabble hard. Dealers would be crazy for it too.

I might completely misread the value and size of the market place too. But with everything that is out there, there's only so many $$$ to go around.
You’re right about some teams having more supporters. Will they do /50 for say the dragons and a/25 for the warriors or it has to be all the same ?? If that’s the case I can’t see them selling 50 warriors or titans for example??

You’re right about some teams having more supporters. Will they do /50 for say the dragons and a/25 for the warriors or it has to be all the same ?? If that’s the case I can’t see them selling 50 warriors or titans for example??

Depends who knows about the release too.

I wonder what portion of high end collectors are in with ESP and/or use this site?

Plebs like me are out.

In no way do I mean to offend Storm, Titans, Warriors or Cowboys fans but it'd be like GWS and GC Suns too...there wouldn't be the number of collectors of high end around for those teams imho.

I mean I'm a hard core collector to a point but this is a bus stop I get off at. Fantastic product and I can't fault ESP for manufacturing it but I too can't see a lot of collectors dropping a grand for this.

Integeated in to Elite at a hobby level price there would be more buy in and guys like me would dabble hard. Dealers would be crazy for it too.

I might completely misread the value and size of the market place too. But with everything that is out there, there's only so many $$$ to go around.

I can think of 8 hardcore Warriors collectors that were around two years ago, just on here. If you narrow the breadth of what people collect so much and as a consequence lower the value and increase the cost of product, then people are not going to be as interested.

The Warriors have a reasonably large membership, we haven't had an exclusive high end trading card in our 23 year existence. Add to that that they are not represented in a LOT of subsets yet break prices etc are still quite high.

I am looking for something to buy, I just am not enticed by anything at the moment that is cost efficient. I'd imagine there are several in the same boat, they are just a lot quieter than me :p Businesses need to make sure people feel as if they are getting value for money.

These are beautiful, but I'd liken it to telecommunications businesses that put their products behind various paywalls. Do a couple of products and do them well rather than a heap of stuff that misses the mark for many. Charge a high, but realistic price for Elite, and have a bargain set of commons and shinies for the young folk. It would be really nice to see them use every member of the squad in Elite on commons, now we see that they can do it (perhaps from the year before, to have time to design the cards).

Last edited:
it is a pretty set i like the looks of it, and aside from the "team set" i would like to know the checklist too before i drop some dollars, keep the mystery card a mystery that is fine but the other cards knowing would persuade me which way to go

Good comments from all.

I am not sold on the concept long term, I cant see a premium offer for all teams working.
When a team wins the comp it makes sense to purchase a good collectable for that year.
For the team that wins the comp, this is a top offer. But for a team that misses the eight.. wow that's a lot for a year you would prefer to forget.

If we had very limited access to cards it might make sense, but we have Extreme + Traders + Elite that's at least 40-50 cards for the team who wins the wooden spoon.
I'm happy for this offer on teams with something to celebrate, 20 / 50 / 75 / 100 years.

^^^Yep I think your right as a "special" release to celebrate or mark a point of history is a great idea because there is no way I can see this 16 team release being sustainable every year.

Joel, as to what you have said, I would saying depending on what orders they get ie- deposits for each team.
If they get 25 dragons deposits, that is all they will make, no more.
If there were 9 warriors, only 9 maybe 10 sets will be made.
If 15 souths deposits, maybe 15 or 20 twenty sets.
once the closing date has elapsed, there will be no refunds, stiff if you did not put an order in and you get what ever number you are given except for the number 1 set.

Just to clarify a couple of things, as it looks like some people get a kick out of making stuff up and portraying as if it's fact.

The release information states that sets will be /50 or /25 and also that TLA may cancel a team if the support doesn't justify it's creation. This is a per team basis. I'm sure we're well aware that some teams struggle more than others for support. Personally, I feel like these Sets should be /25 maximum as 50 feels like too much for a limited high end release in the NRL Market.

The second thing, to suggest that if you put a deposit on a set it is non-refundable, that is absolutely ludicrous. Is that even legal? Of course if your team is cancelled you would receive a refund...that's just common sense

Just to clarify a couple of things, as it looks like some people get a kick out of making stuff up and portraying as if it's fact.

The release information states that sets will be /50 or /25 and also that TLA may cancel a team if the support doesn't justify it's creation. This is a per team basis. I'm sure we're well aware that some teams struggle more than others for support. Personally, I feel like these Sets should be /25 maximum as 50 feels like too much for a limited high end release in the NRL Market.

The second thing, to suggest that if you put a deposit on a set it is non-refundable, that is absolutely ludicrous. Is that even legal? Of course if your team is cancelled you would receive a refund...that's just common sense

I think the deposit part they mean if the sig cards are crap players or the set doesnt meet their expectations and they change their mind they cant get the deposit back

They also fail to state if they don't go ahead do we get a refund????
If the deposit is non refundable than i think this set will be dead in the water as im not into gambling hard earned money with a chance of getting nothing i love the idea of this set but im starting to doubt my order.
I am not committing 990 to a make beleive set of cards that I may not get and to top it off they say no refund.
once the closing date has elapsed, there will be no refunds.

That's not how I read the general queries and statements above.

There's legitimate questions and concerns risen there eg. the first two. But then when you get something expressed as a fact which is quite clearly made up on the fly eg. the last two, it's nothing but fearmongering.

Last edited:
The cards look great and I like the concept but for the price being asked I'd be interested if the sets were a firm /10 and therefore genuinely limited, not /50 (with a philosophy of …. if we can't sell that many then only /25 - if at all!).

Out of curiosity, will the "base cards" only be starting players or also include players who may have only subbed on once or twice during the season?

Back
Top Bottom