Thoughts on selling Panini rewards items on eBay?

nichj99

Faried PC Battle Champion
Real Name
josh
eBay User
blue_1stp_klosr
seller doesn't own the card. He's trying to sell a card that he doesn't actually have in hand.

This would create a whole bunch of new issues around scamming, etc?

Thoughts?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

People will find a way to exploit anything... just like Panini opened up the avenue of exploiting its customers by 'Rewarding' us with 'Rewards Points' when we buy products expecting a hit.

I guess the guy is sitting there with a lot of points in his account. He'll end up advertising everything on the rewards page! lol

Has he got the auto'd kobe shoes up yet? lol

I HATE the rewards points system. I also hate the fact the site is useless and I couldn't even sign up. I know that's a little off topic, but if panini didn't offer this system, this douche of a seller couldn't exploit it.

I personally just hate that someone can sell something that they don't own. There's so many things that can go wrong - paying a premium for a weak patch (item not as described), item lost in the mail with no proof it was sent or received etc. it would be so easy to just take the money and run.

I'm also against the reward system too. Some of the Faried listed on there would sell no where near the listed points required / value to purchase those points. I mean, since when did panini start dictating secondary market prices also?

I wholeheartedly agree with ALL of your points Josh.

As one that never would back down from defending or voicing my beliefs of what is morally right and wrong... the "Rewards" points is an absolute farce.
How a company could remove your boxes guaranteed 'hits' and instead insert another tiered redemption scheme in its place is the epitome of a scam.
ESPECIALLY seeing as you have to pay money for freight of your redeemed "rewards". (I know us internationals do, not sure about USA)

However, panini doesn't set the price for the "rewards" point value, its the community that are forced into competing for these points because there is something on the "rewards" page that they want dearly.
The only way out of this mess is for people to just stop buying the points or for the market to stop selling them. (never going to happen)

It is purely disgusting to go on the "rewards" page and see high end Immac/Preferred, and probably soon Noir and Flawless hits on there... which should have been packed out into products!!!
Panini ARE a right bunch of c*nts! Its pure exploitation, but they own the market and until that time ends we have to put up with their evil as fuk ways.

I keep typing "rewards" in inverted commas to alienate the idea that panini think they are rewarding us...

I might have to change straight cash homie to straight scam homie.

Firstly, let me state that I sold a Longley on here last week from the rewards store. BUT, it was only because someone gifted me one, after I'd already bought it with points.

SO..... I had a go at a guy on Blowout about exactly this. After talking with him, I don't think he went out to hurt anyone, and he says he often loses money on the same types of stuff too, but it is frustrating.

Between two members, they bought ALL 25x Longley ORANGE /25 patch auto's. Then later, purchased ALL of the GOLD /10s, and GREEN /5's and the 1/1..... only for one reason.... they saw that Longley cards sell for more than Panini ask for them.

Heres my first issue;
Why did Panini upload ALL Longley spectra cards at once? the /75, /50, /25, /10, /5 and guess what... the 1/1!

Guys now make a living off of buying points for dirt cheap, converting them into material cards and BANG, drilling collectors, who (in my Longley scenario) have absolutley no where else to purchase these cards, cos they bought them all.

Now look at these. Someone is currently listing the full Longley rainbow in seperate auctions, with the 1/1 for $999. I know for a fact, that it was purchased for about 1500 Panini points, which can be purchased for less than $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-Pan...BULLS-CHAMP-/191689452708?hash=item2ca194eca4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-Pan...O-BULLS-SSP-/201429190290?hash=item2ee61d8692

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-Pan...O-BULLS-SSP-/191689450820?hash=item2ca194e544

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-Pan...O-BULLS-SSP-/191691352694?hash=item2ca1b1ea76

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-Pan...-Holy-Grail-/201440945804?hash=item2ee6d0e68c

I could go on for ages about how angry this make me, but I wont. I'll save it for my next rant about it, if anyone response to this post. lol. But I started collecting Longley because his cards were much more affordable than Kobe's. Well not any more, because of things like this. I have 5x Kobe 1/1s, and not a single one cost anywhere near $999.

Last edited:
^^^That is absolute BS.

What a C-bomb.

I really feel for you mate, what kind of low-life scum-bag has enough time to scout around and figure out who is selling for more than they cost in points and then corner the market.. fkn assbandits I tell ya!

That is a dog act. I just tweeted a link to the forum. Know it isn't a big world changing thing, but this crap on their behalf needs more eyes to potentially see the rubbish that people do with the points.

Back
Top Bottom