thoughts on numbering?

grs_srg

ECC launching soon
Real Name
Gary S
eBay User
grs_srg
Hey guys,

Been thinking about this today... whats everyone's thoughts on numbering..
We all know that a 1/1 means 1/1..but what extremes can it get up to? say we have a card numbered to say 50... I believe that 1/50 and 50/50 are also big pulls within that cards numbering..so that would increase the value of the card I guess.

But then you can have a Kobe "08/09 panini/UD/topps" 24/50 that's his jersey number..How much more does that increase the value??

what if that same Kobe is numbered 26/50..50-26 =24 his jersey number!

same card 14/50 Kobe's shoe size!!! WHOA

where does it end and how much do you guys think it can change a value of a card...

In the pic below I have the Shaq rookie year jersey I pulled last week from a tin of timeless..but its numbered 92/100 which is his rookie year! so i think based on that style of card it can maybe help the value. But its just getting crazy at the same time...

Anyway guys what are your thoughts? any other "to much time on your hands/bored at work" questions, post them on here see what we all think?

Cheers
Gary

IMG.jpg

Personally I put little to no value on it being someone's jersey number, the first or last in the print run etc etc
I collect it cause I want it for a player or set chase and if the seller wants too much of xa premium I'll usually pass on it and get it some other time or somewhere else.

Personally I put little to no value on it being someone's jersey number, the first or last in the print run etc etc
I collect it cause I want it for a player or set chase and if the seller wants too much of xa premium I'll usually pass on it and get it some other time or somewhere else.

I agree!!! but in this market its safe to say people who chase the cards for there value, surely are looking at these numbers going oh argh that is that and this = that!!! more $$$ for me. But I still think your right, if the card is what I'm chasing and the price is right...jersey numbers etc are just a cool little bonus..

I personally believe there is more value in "Jersey numbered" cards and there is def a market for 1st and last print !

Like a Dwight Howard card #d 12 of ?? or a Kobe #d 24/??
1st and last print obviously have more value otherwise companies like select etc (AFL for eg) would not hold onto 1st and last print cards and if a 1st/last print of a Peter Brock for example, fetches a HUGE PREMIUM at memorabilia stores then there is def a market for them ! have done so in the past and will continue to do so in the future imo !!!

A kobe card #d 8/?? on a new card (#24) is ridiculous and so too is the this number + that number divided by the power of 7 is a joke.

Interesting read and great idea to get everyones thoughts :D

---------- Post added 09-06-2010 at 03:01 PM ----------

PS, I have a heap of assorted cards with random numbers and will happily exchange for 1st and last print or jersey numbered ;)

Jersey numbered is cool, indifferent to first and last numbered. Anything other than that is just stretching it if you are a seller and using it as a selling point.

On the other hand, if you are a collector and that's what floats your boat, more power to you!

jersey numbered doesnt add value to the card, its just adds worth because people are willing to pay more because its a jersey numbered card. you can make up so many ideas with numbering, i personally look for cards numbered 6 because its the amount of championship rings, it doesnt make it a 1/1 and neither do 1st and last numbered cards make them 1/1's...a card numbered 789/999 is a 1/1 because its the only one numbered 789...also just because the card has 1/50 and 50/50, it doesnt mean that was the first card made or last card made, its just the first card that goes through the stamping press which for me isnt always a good thing because they could f*ck it up.

Jersey numbered cards are definately worth more due to the premium collectors are willing to pay particually for the big name players. I believe this also applies to the first and last of a print run but to a lesser degree.
As to the worth of these cards, they are worth their value in firewood to keep warm when the end of world events begin in 2012 :p

Back
Top Bottom