This should be interesting......

I agree with Greg Baum 100% (PS thanks for posting Andrew, good job mate!) - this is just simply a case of "too much, too soon" for the young blokes, a lot of whom will of course not be drafted.

It is a nonsensical, almost panic-driven move by Select and the AFL to counter the Footycards Draft Prospects release. It defies logic in a lot of ways - Select's Draft Pick Signature cards have always been extremely collectible and popular and I cannot fathom why anyone would collect cards of young players who will not even be drafted to the AFL club they support (or to any club for that matter).

It truly makes you wonder what the hell Select will do next!

I was buying a case each time Select released a new product but stopped because they had not changed their way and used the same cards in each series, their signature cards were a huge draw card for me but even the quality of those were shocking ie: 2009 Draft Pick Signatures with print lines through them and the player choice could have been better, other then that they had nothing else to keep me interested and I couldn't justify spending that sort of money on a case.

I'll get back on track and say that this article is very interesting, this seems like a panic move by Select to cut in on the unlicensed product which I have only seen a glimpse of and I'm not sure on their popularity so maybe someone can clear that up for me but I can't see this being successful.

These kids haven't even been drafted and are still living at home with Mum & Dad facing the possibility of moving across the other side of the country away from their family to live a life under a spotlight while trying to fit into their new team and now the AFL want to release cards to add to that pressure, the AFL think the players sharing the revenue will soften the blow but the revenue will be chump change because no one will collect them and will they really see this money?

Here's an idea Select maybe you can release an Auskick set, after all they are contenders for the draft or how about a new father & son set each time a player or a coach has a kid.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom