Third party sellers in Melbourne/sending expensive cards

Juve11

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adrian
eBay User
adrianp26andjessm_5
Hello all,

I have a card that has suddenly become very valuable and I don't feel comfortable sending it myself. Is there any third party sellers who sell and take the responsibility of sending for commission?

Or

Is there anyway to safely send a card with proof it arrived and was in excellent condition?

A similar card today (graded and bigger patch) sold for $16,000.

Thank you
Adrian

16087085704177298788198669316874.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-145157_eBay.jpg

I not sure of any consigners who can ship but AusPost does have insurance you could buy and make sure to ship it with tracking. I would take close up photos of the card before i package it. I would also take a photo of the package after its been fully packed too. For an expensive card i would put it in a team grab bag with card board outside, put it in a small shipping bag and wrap with bubble wrap and put it in a bigger bag which would go inside a small box. Make sure in that box put newspaper or anything to protect it.

I was literally thinking about this last night. Scammers are gunna scam and the risk is much greater with the price boom.
Considering opening a company to handle this exact issue but not sure if the demand is there?

Have you tried to contact Cherry Collectables? they would probably just buy it off you outright and the you don't have to worry about being scammed or eBay fees.
They may also be able to consign for you as they list a lot on eBay.

You could also send to Probstien or PWCC to consign for you but they are US based

Thank you Kiwi. Are they in Melbourne? Do you know much about Cherry? I would love to set something like that up.

I really appreciate it.

Yea Cherry have a shop on King St in Melbourne. I think they are shut for the xmas break until the 11th but reach out to them on their website cherry.cards and I'm sure they will be in touch for such a beautiful card.

They are pretty good guys, they are definitely more of a business so keep that in mind but I'm sure they will look after you. Talk to Grayson, Dale or Josh and tell them kiwi sent you and they will look after you

Man sell it yourself! Dont give it to someone to make the profit you should get.. if you are that worried find a reputable auctioneer.. take the list fee.
That will have to go global to get the $.
You wont get an aussie buyer at a fair price i would be very sure of that...

I not sure of any consigners who can ship but AusPost does have insurance you could buy and make sure to ship it with tracking. I would take close up photos of the card before i package it. I would also take a photo of the package after its been fully packed too. For an expensive card i would put it in a team grab bag with card board outside, put it in a small shipping bag and wrap with bubble wrap and put it in a bigger bag which would go inside a small box. Make sure in that box put newspaper or anything to protect it.
Auspost at $1900 or below is insurable without further action so wouldnt apply.
Over 2k insured theres hoops to jump

Thank you Sebultura. I am not sure which way to go. I will contact Cherry and go from there.

I agree, I don't think I can sell in Aus.

How did you ship Sebultra?
I shipped express international and went $1900 aud insurance on my kobe sale on ebay. I before sending sent a message to the winner confirming adress. And subsequent message when auspost sent me notification of successfull delivery. All contact has been acknowledged and sent between. These things tend to be better handled and far from scammers pay grade..
Edit: i did however take many pics of packing it etc just in case

You wont get that pr
Thank you Sebultura. I am not sure which way to go. I will contact Cherry and go from there.

I agree, I don't think I can sell in Aus.

Thank you
No probs. Many like to discount ebay or other international sales. But personally ive had no problem. Ive sold countless grant hill monsters globally along with many high ends all over. I would steer clear of a few asian countries like phillipines etc. As known for corrupt post for well many years. Stick to north america, scandinavians have been good too. But my experience. Each may have their own. Just dont send to a shak at some point with f all real place point

Thank you
I honestly doubt cherry will give you a fair price.. this is why. They inturn as a business would have to make 30% or higher on it so you will lose that straight away...its up to you if you are willing to lose probably 40% on it to not make an effort yourself. Something to think about

Shill
Yea Cherry have a shop on King St in Melbourne. I think they are shut for the xmas break until the 11th but reach out to them on their website cherry.cards and I'm sure they will be in touch for such a beautiful card.

They are pretty good guys, they are definitely more of a business so keep that in mind but I'm sure they will look after you. Talk to Grayson, Dale or Josh and tell them kiwi sent you

They are pretty good guys, they are definitely more of a business so keep that in mind but I'm sure they will look after you. Talk to Grayson, Dale or Josh and tell them kiwi sent you and they will look after you
Shill much? Hope you got a hat.. lol

Kiwi and Sebultra thank you both. I am sorry this caused an argument.

I will take both advice on board and make my decision. I appreciate both perspectives.

Back
Top Bottom