UFC Thinking about about a group case break...

UFCtrader

Resident Freak
Real Name
Cormac
eBay User
cormac2k5
So I've managed to set up uStream on a new octagoncards.com page. Don't bother looking for it, it's not live yet. :p

A couple of you have asked about the possibility of doing a live break, with a group buy in for a case.

Why any of you would want to go through the horror of actually having to listen to my horrible voice and look at my ugly mug for several hours on a weekend, I have no idea. But what the hell, I'm game. :D

So I'm totally open to suggestions about what kind of break it should actually be, and also what series.

From what I gather, the normal way of doing it would be to split the cost of the case four, six or even eight ways. Then shuffle the list of participants on random.org, and at the end everyone chooses one hit at a time in order of the random.org shuffle.

We could do this a couple of ways, either with spots for the base, parallels and extra inserts (TUF autos etc) kept by me, or we could break them up into smaller buy-ins as well.

Also, what series would everyone prefer? Knockout might be the go, but Title Shot and Finest would also be options.

Keen to know what you all think. :)

---------- Post added 09-09-2011 at 02:03 PM ----------

So been doing a bit of pricing. Also cases seem to be a bit hard to get hold of at the moment.

If we did the break on a "per-hit" buy in basis, we could have x amount of "spots" for individual sale, and then either randomize the spots for final picking order, OR just have whatever hit comes up in that spot go to the purchaser.

*sheesh* so many options...

Okay so I'm going to stop thinking about this for a while because my brain hurts.

I've only ever been involved in one Group Break(KnockOut), taking part in a Finest one when that comes out though.

There's a few ways to go about it, as you've already mentioned. Whatever you decide, I'm interested in taking part though :D

Back
Top Bottom