Things that grind your gears (card related only)

Another thing while I'm at it whether anyone cares or not:

A card fair comes to your town - stall holders want at least top dollar for each card they are selling without acknowledging they have a competitor nowadays - ie the internet! Ok, that's fine if you mainly have a stall to act as a mobile museum however if you really want to make sales on those sort of days, you need to be prepared to be better than good - punters may as well stay home and surf on line otherwise

Another thing while I'm at it whether anyone cares or not:

A card fair comes to your town - stall holders want at least top dollar for each card they are selling without acknowledging they have a competitor nowadays - ie the internet! Ok, that's fine if you mainly have a stall to act as a mobile museum however if you really want to make sales on those sort of days, you need to be prepared to be better than good - punters may as well stay home and surf on line otherwise
read an interesting thread on this recently about the "running down" of the card stores in the US, but part of it was that they had not adapted to the new markets and what to maintain "the good old days" of collecting

read an interesting thread on this recently about the "running down" of the card stores in the US, but part of it was that they had not adapted to the new markets and what to maintain "the good old days" of collecting

Many do that with AFL cards, certain few big stores set a huge price when released and it never changes. One particular store has Supremacy cards at roughly 200% marked up price compared to Ebay and FB groups. How you think you will move cards like that is beyond my understanding.

I'm real lucky that my local store is very reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom