The truth about Kobe Bryant in crunch time

Kobe has hit big shots. And has missed big shots.

Personally I'd rather have Wade. At least if he misses the shot you know there's a solid chance he's getting free throws.

Personally I'd rather have Melo. He has one of the best clutch shooting percentages for his career and is shooting 66.7% on game winners for the 2010-11 season.

Game Winners in 2010-11 season:

Dwyane Wade: 0-4 (0%)
Lebron James: 1-8 (12.5%)
Paul Pierce: 1-3 (33.3%)
Kobe Bryant: 1-3 (33.3%)
Carmelo Anthony: 4-6 (66.7%)
Dirk Nowitzki: 3-4 (75%)

Personally I'd rather have Melo. He has one of the best clutch shooting percentages for his career and is shooting 66.7% on game winners for the 2010-11 season.

Game Winners in 2010-11 season:

Dwyane Wade: 0-4 (0%)
Lebron James: 1-8 (12.5%)
Paul Pierce: 1-3 (33.3%)
Kobe Bryant: 1-3 (33.3%)
Carmelo Anthony: 4-6 (66.7%)
Dirk Nowitzki: 3-4 (75%)

Where are they shooting from though? Dirks and Melos could be open lay-ups where as Wade, Lebron etc could be contested 3s.

Where are they shooting from though? Dirks and Melos could be open lay-ups where as Wade, Lebron etc could be contested 3s.

well, dirks could very well be contested 3's aswell...?
another example of clutch being more than just shots made/attempted (on top of MJ to kerr for the 97 championship).
how about larry birds stolen inbound pass then dish to dennis johnson for the winner vs detroit (1987). so does that make DJ clutch for hitting the shot? or bird for stealing & passing to an open man for a lay-up with less the 5 seconds to go?
this is just a personal opinion tho, and im aware im probably really broadening the defintion of 'clutch'

Back
Top Bottom