The thing that Judd did

I'm not going to speculate whether there was malicious intent. You'd like to think that someone as highly regarded as Judd wouldn't stoop to something so thuggish.

To me its the ground level camera that shows Adams is hurt by a combination of two actions:

- Judd holding Adams' arm behind his back

- Carrazzo rolling Adams onto his stomach

You'll see a point where Adams kicks his legs out as his shoulder is torqued beyond its natural range of movement. Its very similar to the pressure applied in a kimura.

The questionable thing is that Judd not only continues to hold Adams' arm after the whistle, but also still holds onto it as North players are pushing him off.

At the end if the day the tackle had been made, and malicious or not what Judd did was really unnecessary, and dangerous to a player already pinned down. Play the ball, not the man.

I'd class it as negligent or reckless misconduct, in much the same way wellingham and zeibell's bumps are considered reckless and/or negligent contact.

^ my eyes are seriously fucked up, Judd is pushed off before the whistle is even blown.... or so it seemed to me.

I definitely see your point on Adams being in pain with his legs kicking out, and yes, the tackle was made, but the game doesnt stop until the ref blows his whistle. I certainly see the intention there to stop Adams from getting a handball out, or to stop an attempt rather. Yep, he was pinned down, and Judd probably ripped on his arm, but I don't think he had intentions to harm the guy, as you say Mat, it's reckless, but incidental IMO.

I am massive blues and Judd fan but still think that was an absolute dog act, I never thought Judd would be that type of player to do something like it.

Pretty disappoint by the Great Man!! :mad:

Yes he is a champion player and will be one of the greats(if not allready), But he is a pig plain and simple, as previously stated this is not an isolated incident. People saying there may have been no malice seems like BS to me, what else would be have been doing?? Trying to shake his hand, come on he deserves at least a few weeks.

Or as one of the journos said, what if that was a North player applying that tackle to Marc Murphys recently recuperated shoulder? There'd be an uproar, Sticks Kernahan would be coming out saying it was a dog act etc etc. All the Carlton fans on the net would be furious

He should get 3-4 weeks, it was an extremely malicious and deliberate act that has no place on the football field, and given he has form in 'non traditional' offences (eye gouging, pressure points etc) I think he deserves whatever whack he gets.

I don't see how you can say it was incidental when it obviously caused Adams some grief.

Easy, I don't believe there was intent to harm Adams, simply stop him from making a legit attempt at the ball. That's my view on it, always has been.

I can't see in that vid where he's twisted his arm, simply raised it from Adams' side. Yes it obviously hurt him, but he's using a tactical move, and when the ref hasnt called stop to the play, Judd just held the arm, didnt follow through with anything.

I do LOL at the Milne comment tho...!! :thumbsup:

4 weeks

The Australian said:
CARLTON captain Chris Judd has been suspended for four weeks after being found guilty of intentional misconduct over his "chicken wing" incident with North Melbourne's Leigh Adams last Friday night.

The misconduct charge was passed directly to the AFL Tribunal jury on Monday when the match review panel chairman Mark Fraser said the grapple had the potential to bring the game into disrepute.

Fraser said his panel considered the act "unsportsmanlike in nature", which was last refuted by Judd, who in his evidence also said he did not consider his action brought the game into disrepute.

Judd's legal representative, Simon Wilson, argued that his client was attempting to prevent Adams from disposing of the ball. He denied his act was intentional, but admitted it was reckless.

The tribunal heard evidence from boundary umpire Mark Foster, who said the incident was unsportsmanlike because Adams was defenceless.

The Kangaroos player was pinned, face down on the ground after a tackle from Carlton's Andrew Carrazzo.

A medical report from North Melbourne was tabled and said Adams required an injection in his right shoulder to return to play.

Kangaroos doctor Andrew McMahon gave evidence by telephone and said Adams sustained a partial dislocation of shoulder. He said he was still unable to predict whether Adams would play this weekend.

Judd said if he had his time over again he would not have grabbed Adams's hand and said he was not trying to wriggle out of the charge: "I'm here to cop my whack," Judd said.

4 weeks, absolute bullshit. Gets 550 points for the offence, has 30% carry over. Works out 7+ weeks & walks away with that. The system is absolute horse shit.

He is a protected creature though. Some Carlton players will be rejoicing, now the blues will win more than they lose in the next 4 weeks.

Yeah well when you take into consideration Wellingham's 5 down to 3 weeks, and Ziebel's 3 up to 4 weeks. The system is fucked.

Hey what was the 30% carry over? I thought that shit happened in '09?

30% carry over was for the eye gouge 2 years ago.

Didn't see Wellingham's but Ziebel should have got off, eyes only for the ball & got first touch on the ball.

Didn't see Wellingham's but Ziebel should have got off, eyes only for the ball & got first touch on the ball.

agree mate, but Drew Petrie might have to explain his tweet about this decision lol. something about his neck being sore from shaking it so much lol

true Ziebel should have got off, Wellingham only got his down with an early plea and a clean record in his career. Thought Judd would have got somewhere between 3-5 but if it was that many points plus the carry over dont know how he walked away with 4.

Back
Top Bottom