The road to season 2015

It's one of those things where Mike can't win, regardless of his selections. At least he has the knackers to put it out there and after all it is only an opinion.

For those who watch it, Footy Classified is on tonight...all I know is that it is scheduled for 9:30 South Australian time.
Yeah for sure. I'm sure if you picked 100 random fans and asked them all to do their top 50 they would all be completely different. No right or wrong, just opinions and how you saw the season!

It's one of those things where Mike can't win, regardless of his selections. At least he has the knackers to put it out there and after all it is only an opinion.

For those who watch it, Footy Classified is on tonight...all I know is that it is scheduled for 9:30 South Australian time.
Can't see it on Channel 9 TV guide :( But then I only watch the Footy Show.

Can't see it on Channel 9 TV guide :( But then I only watch the Footy Show.
Yeah I think Ch 9 jumped the gun, assuming that Hird would be sacked today. According to my tv guide it is two episodes of Two and a Half Men, then the NRL Footy Show...so expect Footy Classified to sneak in after Big Brother and before the NRL show. Comiserations to those who would have preferred Two and a Half Men!

I attended the Essendon B&F last night and there was definitely anticipation from those attending that there would be some sort of announcement made (whether good or bad), but was disappointed nothing came of it, even though the club said James Hird would be attending and that he would address the crowd.

The only mention of James Hird came from Tim Watson twice, with him saying James Hird WILL be coach in 2015 despite all the constant rumours and speculation, but nothing else. As it stands, my feeling is that Bomber will be Essendon coach in 2015, with Mark Harvey returning to the club in some capacity (most likely assistant coach). Congrats to Dyson Heppell btw (nearly forgot!)

Other gossip and rumours that I can share is that the Hawks have been in talks with Ben Howlett (most likely won't be re-signing with Essendon).

@Festa1234 - condolences mate. Melbourne champion Robert Flower has passed away at the age of 59, following complications from heart surgery earlier in the year. In today's era where the loyalty of players is being questioned, it is worth remembering that "Tulip" played 272 games for a mostly-awful Melbourne team in the 70's and 80's - for just 88 wins from those 272 games. He was the epitome of loyalty, like Trevor Barker at St Kilda.

RIP Tulip :-(

@Festa1234 - condolences mate. Melbourne champion Robert Flower has passed away at the age of 59, following complications from heart surgery earlier in the year. In today's era where the loyalty of players is being questioned, it is worth remembering that "Tulip" played 272 games for a mostly-awful Melbourne team in the 70's and 80's - for just 88 wins from those 272 games. He was the epitome of loyalty, like Trevor Barker at St Kilda.

RIP Tulip :-(

Couldn't have said it any better a true champion and had plenty of offers over the years to leave melbourne but never did, today's players could learn a lot about loyalty instead of being glory hounds, RIP Robbie a champion person

Jarrad Waite and Shaun Higgins are a rubber stamp away from joining North Melbourne.

West Coast chasing Nick Malceski with a 2 year deal.

West Coast have signed a Irishman. 6'2, 20 year old Paddy Brophy from Kildare.

Last edited:
Dayne Beams apparently declined the invitation to Collingwood's B&F tonight. Mixed reports on whether or not Lumumba attended.

And the club has supposedly told Brisbane that any deal for Beams must be completed by 5pm next Friday.

Day 6 (~180 days to go)

Yesterday was the beginning of free agency, and already North have lured Jarrad Waite and Shaun Higgins. Seems like they are aiming for a premiership in the short-term. There were also several Best and Fairest awards last night, with winners including Ben Cunnington, Luke Parker, Eric Mackenzie, Scott Pendlebury and Robbie Gray. West Coast also picked up Irish import Paddy Brophy, who had some pretty good results at the Draft Combine, particularly with his ball use.

Brad Sewell's future in serious doubt after not being offered a new contract by Hawthorn. At this stage it is unlikely that Sewell will leave the club to play for an extra year or so.

Back
Top Bottom