THE REGRET LIST

govern8r

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Troy
Hey guys I'm sure I am now alone here. I have been collecting on and off from about 93/94 and in that time I have sold or traded hundreds of cards, and for most of those deals I have been very happy. The word there is "MOST", all collectors have a card they wish they had kept and not sold, not traded etc. So I thought I would ask everyone to show and give details about the cards on their regret list.

Here is mine, a Steph Curry RC auto which I sold for $60 during his RC year, still makes me cry inside.
KU9Qkbt.jpg

Try this one on for size .... traded a 2009/10 Panini Season Update Rookie Dual signatures Blake Griffin/Stephen Curry for the end of 2009/10 Value and kept the Griffin/Jennings from the same set.

Two of my biggest regrets involve the same player.
1) Pulled the biggest card in my lifetime. Unfortunately for me, it was expired and despite my pleas, Upper Deck sent some rubbish replacement card not worth $20. I promptly retired from the hobby not long after. Get ready for the kleenex.
IMG00058-20101029-1515.jpg~original

2) Bought this card from DA Card World store before for about $1000. And sold it not long for about $1500. Bring out more kleenex.

Try this one on for size .... traded a 2009/10 Panini Season Update Rookie Dual signatures Blake Griffin/Stephen Curry for the end of 2009/10 Value and kept the Griffin/Jennings from the same set.
wow mate that sucks! I have that Curry/Griffin in my collection that I pulled and was offered $100 back in the day, but didn't take it... glad I didn't :)

1) Pulled the biggest card in my lifetime. Unfortunately for me, it was expired and despite my pleas, Upper Deck sent some rubbish replacement card not worth $20. I promptly retired from the hobby not long after. Get ready for the kleenex.

2) Bought this card from DA Card World store before for about $1000. And sold it not long for about $1500. Bring out more kleenex.
Oh man, that sucks so bad. UD always offers shit replacements.

Upper Deck sent you a $20 replacement for a MJ auto....? thats BS

Upper Deck sent you a $20 replacement for a MJ auto....? thats BS
Yeah, was pretty gutted. I know that they keep a lot of these expired cards so was hopeful that they would give the actual card but the replacement could have at least been closer to what the redemption was for.

Don't have a pic but sold a 10-11 Prestige Jeremy Lin Bonus Shots RC /199 for about $5 to a collector here.

Couple of months later ... reckon card would have sold for north of $100.

Ok........i'm going to leave these ones right here and go and cry..........to be fair.......I did make money off these cards in selling them, the biggest issue is that I could probably get a sizeable house deposit with them now!

IMG_0017.JPG

At least I can say I owned them!

1516362008350705450746.jpg
These are the only 3 jordans i have ,and there going nowhere.my regret is that i can,t find the other 2 players i need to complete the set no/25.eddie jones and andray blatche.

Last edited:
Ok........i'm going to leave these ones right here and go and cry..........to be fair.......I did make money off these cards in selling them, the biggest issue is that I could probably get a sizeable house deposit with them now!

IMG_0017.JPG

At least I can say I owned them!
Im going to cry for you aswell, bye

Back
Top Bottom