The Pelicans of New Orleans

I personally thing the logo looks cool. The name is a bit lame, but if they feel it connects with the community more then I'm all for it. Plus maybe now the bobcats can re-brand as the hornets again :)

In time we'll get used to it. Didn't like the Thunder at first. Lakers, what the hell is a Laker? Plenty of sub par names out there!

Before they moved to LA, they were the Minneapolis Lakers. Minneapolis is in the state of Minnesota, who's state motto is "Land of 10,000 Lakes" because, well - there are a lot of lakes there. :woot:

Also, there isn't any "Jazz" in Utah either. However, they kept their original name when they moved from New Orleans in the 70's. Jazz is the last thing you think of when you think of Utah. :D

For what it's worth, I think they chose the name Pelicans because the pelican is the state bird of Louisiana.

Before they moved to LA, they were the Minneapolis Lakers. Minneapolis is in the state of Minnesota, who's state motto is "Land of 10,000 Lakes" because, well - there are a lot of lakes there. :woot:

Also, there isn't any "Jazz" in Utah either. However, they kept their original name when they moved from New Orleans in the 70's. Jazz is the last thing you think of when you think of Utah. :D

Yeah I get it but its not easy to make a mascot out of a lake! Haha or Jazz, they don't even have a giant music note running around court side! :lol:

Hey, I'm not against Pelicans, cannibalistic muhfukers when they wanna be!

Back
Top Bottom