The Official TLA Player In Focus Cards Thread

1589162689032.png

The raiders storm game was so scrappy both teams have a long way to get back there where they were. Honestly Storm were the reason that Storm lost there game.

On a side note I have noticed that some of the refs seem to have a different interpretation to the new 6 again rule. The Roosters/ Souths and Raiders/Storm game seem to be ruled a little different to the other 4 games.

Disagree. It was as fast as any of the other games this weekend and while there were a few mistakes, that was mostly due to the brutal defence. Canberra’s cover was phenomenal. Canberra’s try we’re all very skilful.
Sorry have to disagree, some raiders bias maybe playing a part on your side. Don’t get me wrong Williams shows big promise but to say that was quality football or brutal defence. Most mistakes from Storm were unforced errors with no applied pressure, not tackles forcing the ball lose. Also supported by impact rates that were coming through.

I know a lot of people don’t like stats or some think they don’t matter but what’s provided on the nrl website is only a small fraction of what goes on behind the scenes which reels a bigger picture of what’s happening.

Sorry have to disagree, some raiders bias maybe playing a part on your side. Don’t get me wrong Williams shows big promise but to say that was quality football or brutal defence. Most mistakes from Storm were unforced errors with no applied pressure, not tackles forcing the ball lose. Also supported by impact rates that were coming through.

I know a lot of people don’t like stats or some think they don’t matter but what’s provided on the nrl website is only a small fraction of what goes on behind the scenes which reels a bigger picture of what’s happening.

Of course there is bias which is why you would think the Parramatta win over Brisbane was better. If Parramatta didn't win by 30 there would be a problem. They had 65% of the ball and made 150 less tackles because Brisbane were terrible.

You can't beat Melbourne in Melbourne if you are not committed. The game is always tough and Canberra's 4 tries were all very skillful and the amount of work to save tries (Tapine on Olam, Williams on Bromwich) was huge.

NQ v Titans was a predictable result, Titans are terrible.

Roosters v Souths was my pick this week.

Dragons were worse than the Titans but credit to NZ, they played well. I didn't watch the Sharks v Tigers.

I guess the reason the snippets on the NRL site are called highlights is because they are the best plays of the game!

Of course there is bias which is why you would think the Parramatta win over Brisbane was better. If Parramatta didn't win by 30 there would be a problem. They had 65% of the ball and made 150 less tackles because Brisbane were terrible.

You can't beat Melbourne in Melbourne if you are not committed. The game is always tough and Canberra's 4 tries were all very skillful and the amount of work to save tries (Tapine on Olam, Williams on Bromwich) was huge.

NQ v Titans was a predictable result, Titans are terrible.

Roosters v Souths was my pick this week.

Dragons were worse than the Titans but credit to NZ, they played well. I didn't watch the Sharks v Tigers.

I guess the reason the snippets on the NRL site are called highlights is because they are the best plays of the game!
Actually I by far wouldn’t pick the broncos/ eels game. Broncos were very underwhelming and sorely missed Fifita and TPJ, to get forward momentum they were lacking. I believe Croft showed promise and will feed well off those two when they come back. Moses still needs to show he can stand up in those tight and crucial games and only time will tell with that.
And I agree roosters and Rabbitohs is my pick as well. Would love to see Murray back at lock and Knight back in the prop rotation. Murray excels much more in the centre at lock then out wide, and is so damaging when he works close with Cook in the middle, would move Latrell back to centre. Would also really like to see Keary step up and take on the leadership role now that Cronk’s gone, Teddy showed why he won dally m last year.

Also agree on the warriors and dragons game. All with the exception of McInnes who played well, dragons just looked so disjointed and out of place. Not sure if there’s something going on behind the scenes at the club or if the players were lacking heart but they just didn’t seem to want to be there. In saying that credit to warriors, they seem to play well when they aren’t so structured and more free flowing. I think If they play more that way they improve greatly and should see some great plays from it.

Sharks really missed Fifitas leadership to get the sharks going and so many missed tackles on sharks end. Defensively both teams need to tighten up m which Tigers started to do in the second half . Quite a few HIAs in that game as well. Benji had a shocker with the boot for conversions so Mbye took over. When Moylan came on, it made the team more disjointed and Moylan seemed to be out of place where he was caught half the time in the middle of the field defending and looking a little lost. Towards the end Townsend came off with a suspected injury with Moylan coming back on where he didn’t seem as lost. The sharks bench were underperformed. Harry Grant great buy for tigers, played well and suits the style of play the halves like. Tigers starting forward pack did well in attack.

Back
Top Bottom