The Official Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread!

And now we're at 1-2.

Jason Kidd's Triple Double and the Nets were too good for us. In an abismal shooting night (until a wild last quarter), we went down 93-88. Kidd had 16p, 14r and 10a with 3s and 1b which is a crazy statline! Richard Jefferson continued his scoring spree with 22 more and Carter added 18 while only taking 12 shots.

For our boys, not all bad. 6 players scored in double figures including 3 off the bench. Dalembert was a presence with 9rebounds and 4blocks and Reggie Evans kept up his 11rpg average. Iguodala quietened to 16p, 1r, 1a which is I spose expected in contrast to his biggie the other day.

The bench really produced! Korver finished with 11p, 11r, 2a and 2 treys while Louis Williams stepped up for 13p, 1r, 3a and 2s and Carney added 10p.

If there was 1 query to me, it would be who is actually running the team? No one had more than 3 assists, a stat shared by Andre Miller and Louis Williams.

Galant effort by the boys though despite going down.

I saw that game Nenj and I tell you, the 76er's should have realy won it easily in the end I feel. They did produce some nice spirts, but they threw it away with poor position, poor rebounding and poor shot choices scatered in the last quarter. Dalemburt needs to start getting aggressve on the boards, needs some training on the finer points of rebounding lol. When the 6ers were close, Carney had the ball and took 2 shots in 2 posessions which were off the mark, with Korver and Iguodala both on the floor. The ball was finding the wrong guys, Dalemburt and Carney for a majority of the time. Korver also missed alot of shots early which could have helped too. There were great (small) runs, williams was good at going to the basket, very aggressive when it was needed. But really, the ball should have been looking for Iggy and K squared in the last quarter which, I think, cost them dearly.
On Dalemburt, he has a great awareness for blocking shots and changing shots, but very little skill lies in his rebounding ability for a big man. Often he is out of the 'box' area completely when he should be at least looking to get in and compete for a board.

I saw that game Nenj and I tell you, the 76er's should have realy won it easily in the end I feel. They did produce some nice spirts, but they threw it away with poor position, poor rebounding and poor shot choices scatered in the last quarter. Dalemburt needs to start getting aggressve on the boards, needs some training on the finer points of rebounding lol. When the 6ers were close, Carney had the ball and took 2 shots in 2 posessions which were off the mark, with Korver and Iguodala both on the floor. The ball was finding the wrong guys, Dalemburt and Carney for a majority of the time. Korver also missed alot of shots early which could have helped too. There were great (small) runs, williams was good at going to the basket, very aggressive when it was needed. But really, the ball should have been looking for Iggy and K squared in the last quarter which, I think, cost them dearly.
On Dalemburt, he has a great awareness for blocking shots and changing shots, but very little skill lies in his rebounding ability for a big man. Often he is out of the 'box' area completely when he should be at least looking to get in and compete for a board.

Thanks for the run down Brad :) And You Bastard! hahaha

Yeah see I was going from stats and such, but even in them it doesn;t look like there's a real direction or leader.

It does seem that way on watching the game aswell. I think it's more those guys not running enough plays, either that, or the plays are being shut down too easily. Too many times individuals are looking/having to create. They really lacked 3 point set-ups for Korver late. Although, they did get a 3 from an inbounds late in the fourth, but it cut back too late and I didn't see the actual shot or anything preceeding it.

And after yesterdays blowout victory over the Bobcats, we're back to .500 with 2-2.

Looks to me like our defence was the winner. Yes we shot it much better than the Bobcats, but that could also be a factor of our defence. We had 17 steals to 5 and 7 blocks to 3.

No real stand out performer, a good balanced attack. Iggy had 19 ro lead all scorers and filled the stat sheet with 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 steals, while Dalembert was huge with 9p, 13r, 2s and 2b (but 6 turnovers). Willie Green continued his starting ways and played pretty well with 14points on 50% shooting. Only Iggy had more than 30mins.

Off the bench, Rookies Jason Smith and Thad Young finally came to the party with 10p, 3r, 3s, 1b and 6p, 3r, 2s respectively.

Mo Cheeks has obviously decided that Jason Smith is now a Center as Calvin Booth continues not to play. This means while going big with Dalembert off the court, Smith is the C, but also means we're running and using our athletic swingmen well in small lineups.

Liking our 'team' play :) Great to have a 31point blow-out!

good win to philly at the end of 3rd quarter down by 17 they turned it on 4tyh quarter to score 36 to portland 15 to win by 4 what a win

whooo hooo

yeah iggy was hitting some nice jump shots second half and also louis williams had a great game with 19 points 3 steals iggy finished with 22 and a few boards

cheers

Well boy have I been slack! But then there was little convo happening in here anyhow...

4 wins in a row takes us to 9-13 which isn't all that good, but improving. Getting some good signs as Willie Green is starting to produce more. Trade rumours seem to have awakened Miller with a bundle of 10+ assist games in a row (excluding today) and the young guys are showing some stuff as Thad Young starts getting more time and Louis Williams continues to shine despite a sore toe keeping him out the other day and poor shooting today.

Go Sixers!

great win today for philly knocking over dallas streak now at 4 can this be the turning point for the boys ...i really hope so and we can make are charge to the play offs ..GO PHILLY

Cheers
jono

Lets hope they can! No point playing for the lottery. I believe it'll be better for them to get there and have the young guys experience the off season than for them to get say the 10th pick and pick up someone that won;t help.

The way they're talking now, Andre Miller is here to stay :)

well today philly stun phoneix on the road greaqt win for my boys iggy drops 32 had a massive game miller chipped in with 25 odd,things might be starting to look up fpr philly ...maybe a playoff spot round the corner..

go philly

cheers
jono

woooohooo i love it when the sixers beat the spurs cause it doesnt happen alot but one it does wooooohooo
andre miller is on fire lately 32 points against the spurs iggy player well all the young guys like williams ,young stepping up...
watch out in the east the sixers are coming(i can only hope haha)

Been a while since someones posted here (blows cob webs out)

Avid 76ers fan here, cant wait for the season to start and see Evan Turner play with the real team, Spencer Hawes added im really looking forward to next season. I see Thaddeus stepping up, Marreese having a break out year, Andre iguodala with less of a load but more efficient, Brand playing better than he has recently and Holiday to have a break out year. Then you add Turner to the mix and it just adds to the excitement.

Evan Turner 16 points in his first game 7/10 and a nice cross on Dwayne Wade, i must say im impressed and hopefully gains a lot of confidence from it. What i didn't like from sixers in their first game was their defense and sloppy offense, definitely needs improvement and i hope Collins is the man to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom