The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

More D'antoni coaching brilliance:

"We don't have a system,"
"We play basketball. The system is move the ball, play hard defense, space the floor and who's open shoots. It's not a difficult thing."
"I'm not surprised that, again, if you're not happy with your roles, if you don't pass the ball, and you don't play defense, I'm not surprised, you lose,"
"It's pretty simple. This is not a game that medical degrees are out there on the floor. We just play. Harvard hasn't won a title yet."

Holy crap, where do I sign up to get a coaching job like that? This hilbilly's idea of "coaching" is assigning minutes to different players and seeing if the box score is in the favour of the Lakers. "hmmm, not working...gotta switch it up again." IT'S YOUR DAMN JOB TO UTILIZE PLAYERS TO THEIR STRENGTHS! And defense is just horrible horrible horrible...coach has got no clue wtf he's doing, and neither do the players. Any good lottery picks in the upcoming draft?

Yeah, offense against Wolves looks "brilliant" when all shots they are jacking up are falling down, but as expected, over the course of a game, they'll cool down. Now, squandered a 29 point lead down to 8 points...just no half court offense and kept jacking up outside shots and settling for 3 pointers. Hope they lose the game.

Yeah, offense against Wolves looks "brilliant" when all shots they are jacking up are falling down, but as expected, over the course of a game, they'll cool down. Now, squandered a 29 point lead down to 8 points...just no half court offense and kept jacking up outside shots and settling for 3 pointers. Hope they lose the game.
Wolves got it down to 4! WT???

I think I've said this before, and while not a lot agree, I'd rather have Pau than Dwight.
When Pau plays well, so do the Lakers.

I've been harping the same thing for a long time. Dwight is over rated. Kobe is great but playing through pau is the ONLY way the lakers will improve.

I think I've said this before, and while not a lot agree, I'd rather have Pau than Dwight.
When Pau plays well, so do the Lakers.

Agree.

I've said it before, I think Pau is the 2nd most skilled big man in the League behind Tim Duncan.

Trade Dwight for K.G and something else???

I can see Rondo and Dwight playing well together.

I can see K.G fitting in with the Lakers.

But it looks like Pau and D'Antoni are not on the same page at all.

Don't think Lakers can afford to sack D'Antoni. I still think they should have gotten J. Sloan.

Would be a good trade for both Benny boy. I'm just happy we won't have to worry about the lakers playoff time... Hopefully

Would be a good trade for both Benny boy. I'm just happy we won't have to worry about the lakers playoff time... Hopefully

I think it would work. Although I'm hearing that the Clips are after K.G!!!

I'm still stickin with the Lakers to make the Playoffs, 7th or 8th is doable, not sure they could get any higher than that.

If they don't make it then I'll be shocked.

I think it would work. Although I'm hearing that the Clips are after K.G!!!

I'm still stickin with the Lakers to make the Playoffs, 7th or 8th is doable, not sure they could get any higher than that.

If they don't make it then I'll be shocked.

Lets hope your not shocked.....I hope we can make it....the last 3 games we have blown big leads......I think LA needs to run the triangle, it seemed to work with Pau/Bynum why cant it work with Pau/Dwight??

Anyways..

A side note Blair whats the go with him??Is he not in the rotation?

Lets hope your not shocked.....I hope we can make it....the last 3 games we have blown big leads......I think LA needs to run the triangle, it seemed to work with Pau/Bynum why cant it work with Pau/Dwight??

Anyways..

A side note Blair whats the go with him??Is he not in the rotation?
The triangle offense should work with Pau/Dwight. The only problem is their coach probably never heard of it so he wouldn't have a clue on how to call it.

Sorry, Ben...don't agree with most of this...
Agree.

I've said it before, I think Pau is the 2nd most skilled big man in the League behind Tim Duncan. - Skill is best left for the guards...Cs need grunt.

Trade Dwight for K.G and something else??? - No trades with Boston.

I can see Rondo and Dwight playing well together. - See above...x2 because it's Rondo.

I can see K.G fitting in with the Lakers. - KG doesn't fit in anywhere...certainly not in the Gold and Royal Purple.

But it looks like Pau and D'Antoni are not on the same page at all. - Agree with this one.

Don't think Lakers can afford to sack D'Antoni. I still think they should have gotten J. Sloan. - Brian Shaw was my pick, and still my preferred coach

The triangle offense should work with Pau/Dwight. The only problem is their coach probably never heard of it so he wouldn't have a clue on how to call it.

I don't think Dwight has the know how. They should have never got rid of bynum. All too late now.

Dwight could learn it. But I don't think D'antoni knows how to run that offense and it will be really hard for him to change what he's been doing for a long time. I'm not saying that coach won't be able to learn it but it will definitely be hard for him to break his coaching habits.

Sorry, Ben...don't agree with most of this...

C's need grunt??? Like David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon and Kareem???

All finesse and high skill levels my man.

Lakers won't trade with Boston, really??? They have before and will again, also, I'm not saying it's gonna happen, just that I think it would work.

K.G doesn't fit in anywhere? WTF??? Lakers tried to get him in the early 00's, ha ha.

I don't think Dwight has the know how. They should have never got rid of bynum. All too late now.

Steve yes they should've gotten rid of Bynum. He was gonna leave for max money at the end of this season. Plus he hasn't played a minute this year. He may not get going for a while.

Although, if they never got Dwight and Bynum came back healthy they would most likely be in a better position than they are now. But the Lakers did think Dwight was a franchise guy, now they know he is not.

C's need grunt??? Like David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon and Kareem???

All finesse and high skill levels my man.

Lakers won't trade with Boston, really??? They have before and will again, also, I'm not saying it's gonna happen, just that I think it would work.

K.G doesn't fit in anywhere? WTF??? Lakers tried to get him in the early 00's, ha ha.
OK, should have said that Lakers need grunt at PF...or run Pau as the C for the second unit. With Kobe etc jacking up from the outside, we need big bodies to crash the boards. DH12 can't do it alone...

Lakers should never trade with Boston...the only exception is to snatch their captain for next to nothing (Rick Fox). But no one understands the hatred Lakers fans have for the Celts except other Laker fans!

KG is just an ass...personally, I don't want him. Didn't want MWP for the same reason.

Ill say and the analysts say it....dwight cant play with other stars...thats why he will never win a championship, that and he cant make a free throw...dont get me wrong he is a skilled big man and does some amazing things, just not very often in LA...
I like the trade scenario of the brooklyn/minnesota/LA deal....dwight to brooklyn, lopez to minnesota and love to LA, put gasol at centre, love is the floor spreading power forward they can utilize and get rid of the most over rated coach in the league, sure they will owe him money but its LA and they dont care, put shaw in as interim so how he goes, reward him if he suceeds, if he doesnt go begging Phil or get sloan...
as much as i love the lakers, if things stay the way they are, the playoffs are looking pretty grim...

another good road win for us today, really didnt like our chances without Dwight and Metta our 2 best defenders. Kobe started great at the half he had 17 points, 7 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 1 block. Also good to see Clark with another double double 14 p and 12 boards and we were +18 with him on the floor best of any player in the game. He's actually reminding me alot of the way Odom played. Now 3 of 4 on this road trip which before we stared this 7 game road trip i think they would have taken 3 wins total the way things were going.

another good road win for us today, really didnt like our chances without Dwight and Metta our 2 best defenders. Kobe started great at the half he had 17 points, 7 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 1 block. Also good to see Clark with another double double 14 p and 12 boards and we were +18 with him on the floor best of any player in the game. He's actually reminding me alot of the way Odom played. Now 3 of 4 on this road trip which before we stared this 7 game road trip i think they would have taken 3 wins total the way things were going.

Artest should never have been suspended it was only because of his previous record....another BS Stern call or that D&^Khead Stu Jackson...

I agree didnt think we would get a W without Dwight and Artest...Still Kobe jacked up too many shots IMHO...But i suppose thats why we are all GM's lol......
Again Clark how good is he playing....man i love his work ethic hopefully he can keep it up.....
Boston on Friday which should be another good one would have liked it if that Muppet Rondo was playing...Hopefully we can go 6/7 on this road trip

Back
Top Bottom