The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Well If the current team is better how come they aren't even going to make playoffs? Maybe accost like I have being a spurs man that their current dynasty is done. They are not even close to being as good as the thunder or the clips? Do you really think a trade is going to help?? Getting Howard and Nash certainly didnt.

I dont think i said they were better??

Our problem is no Defense or Bench...Amongst other things..lol

Better than shaq, Malone, fox, Kobe, Payton???
one of the best, not the best
Well If the current team is better how come they aren't even going to make playoffs?
If we knew that answer, you could have Dantoni's job.

I can see Dwight getting a bad name from this, he blamed Orlando for not being able to win. Now he gets these four and still can't win ? Starting to look like if you want to knock Clippers, Miami or OKC out of the finals, trade DW to one of them.

The blame game in Lakerland is now on full force. Their GM is supporting D'antoni and thats because they don't want to admit they made the wrong choice of not getting Phil Jackson. And of course the players are finding it hard to get the right chemistry but that's not their fault. The roster is at their best when they set their half court defense but that is abit impossible to do in D'antoni's system... This team is not a run and gun type of team...

As much as I dream of watching a Kobe - Lebron Finals, I am now convinced that it will not happen this year or probably never if they don't replace their coach.

In my opinion, the way the Lakers are going now, the Hornets have more chance of overtaking the Lakers than the Lakers getting in the playoffs.

Finally we played a good game again. I've said it before and i'll say it again.....When Kobe dishes the ball LA look very dangerous! He only scored 14 points today on 7-10 but dished 14 dimes to go with his 9 boards, 3 steals and a block.

5 players in double figures, we still had 18 to's and allowed 10 offensive boards but its much better than we have been playing!

Finally we played a good game again. I've said it before and i'll say it again.....When Kobe dishes the ball LA look very dangerous! He only scored 14 points today on 7-10 but dished 14 dimes to go with his 9 boards, 3 steals and a block.

5 players in double figures, we still had 18 to's and allowed 10 offensive boards but its much better than we have been playing!

The word "Finally" is correct...

Now the Lakers need to win most of their games against the teams they are chasing for a spot in the playoffs.
Houston leads 2-1, 1 game left in LA (must win)
Denver leads 2-1, 1 game left in Denver (must win)
Portland 1-1, 1 game home & away
Dallas 1-1, 1 game home & away
Utah leads 2-1, no more games so Utah has the tie-breaker.

Looks like a big task to do but these are the Lakers... :thumbsup:

The blame game in Lakerland is now on full force. Their GM is supporting D'antoni and thats because they don't want to admit they made the wrong choice of not getting Phil Jackson. And of course the players are finding it hard to get the right chemistry but that's not their fault. The roster is at their best when they set their half court defense but that is abit impossible to do in D'antoni's system... This team is not a run and gun type of team...

As much as I dream of watching a Kobe - Lebron Finals, I am now convinced that it will not happen this year or probably never if they don't replace their coach.

In my opinion, the way the Lakers are going now, the Hornets have more chance of overtaking the Lakers than the Lakers getting in the playoffs.

I dont like your attitude Alf........LOL

Im with you when he shoots less and passes more, we look great, when the shot attempts go up we lose!!!i think the stat is when ever he scores more than 25pts we are 3-25 or something stupid like that.....

They need to run the ball thru THE POST!!!!!Thats when they play their best!!not this "Run and Gun " crap or 7seconds....That only worked in Phoenix, tried it in NY and it failed

Lets hope they put up a decent game against OKC tomorrow.....

I dont like your attitude Alf........LOL

Im with you when he shoots less and passes more, we look great, when the shot attempts go up we lose!!!i think the stat is when ever he scores more than 25pts we are 3-25 or something stupid like that.....

They need to run the ball thru THE POST!!!!!Thats when they play their best!!not this "Run and Gun " crap or 7seconds....That only worked in Phoenix, tried it in NY and it failed

Lets hope they put up a decent game against OKC tomorrow.....

I know I can't please everyone.;)

This is the stats that you are probably referring to:
kb.jpg

For this to happen often, Kobe's team mates should make their shots.

kb.jpg

its funny when kobe passes the ball more they win..........this is not a dig at kobe as i think he is a great player

You will only see his assist numbers go up like that if his team mates make their shots. And that will lead to lesser forced shots from Kobe.

I have seen a Lakers game live, people like to pay out on kobe for taking too many shots etc, what they don't see is that his team mates are the ones who expect him to take it. I lost count of the number of times he was passed the ball when he had 3+ on him, didn't ask for it with less than 3 secs on the shot clock.

Despite the big name signings of Nash and D12, this team, just about more than any other, relies on one player - Kobe. How good was it to see him burn his man baseline time and time again, only to feed the big man running the lane. But then we see just about every play in the last 2 mins set up as an isolation for Kobe, with the step back 20 footer the one that put OKC out of the game. Nice to see MWP so active on D. This team just proved they can do it, even without D12 having any influence at all.

There is still hope...

Been looking at LA, I expect to see them at 9th by the All Star and maybe knocking on 8th.
They have a friendly run and look to be jelling on the court, didn't say as a team.

Also been thinking about the starting and how they would fit. Everyone knows KB is a strong choleric, and so is MWP, but they know who is alpha and this conflict isn't an issue. PG is balanced, and that makes him flexible. Both DW and SN are strong Sanguine, usually popular, friendly, show offs, centre of attention and funny, something Kobe and MWP are not.
Typically strong cholerics don't like sanguines, as cholerics don't see any value in anything but getting the job done. Stick to the facts, don't stuff around and most importantly do as you are told, does that sound like DW ?
Now that I've stood back and looked at this five I can see issues here, MWP and KB would certainly behaving issues with DW and SN.
I'm not a KB fan, but, DW and SN need to understand what makes Kobe tick, and this is why MWP works with KB so well. All the worlds greatest leaders are choleric.
I personally don't think DW has the right personality for Kobe, neither did Shaq another strong Sanguine.

Been looking at LA, I expect to see them at 9th by the All Star and maybe knocking on 8th.
They have a friendly run and look to be jelling on the court, didn't say as a team.

Also been thinking about the starting and how they would fit. Everyone knows KB is a strong choleric, and so is MWP, but they know who is alpha and this conflict isn't an issue. PG is balanced, and that makes him flexible. Both DW and SN are strong Sanguine, usually popular, friendly, show offs, centre of attention and funny, something Kobe and MWP are not.
Typically strong cholerics don't like sanguines, as cholerics don't see any value in anything but getting the job done. Stick to the facts, don't stuff around and most importantly do as you are told, does that sound like DW ?
Now that I've stood back and looked at this five I can see issues here, MWP and KB would certainly behaving issues with DW and SN.
I'm not a KB fan, but, DW and SN need to understand what makes Kobe tick, and this is why MWP works with KB so well. All the worlds greatest leaders are choleric.
I personally don't think DW has the right personality for Kobe, neither did Shaq another strong Sanguine.
This is abit deep for me to understand. But whatever you wanna say, Im hoping the last 2 games are signs of what they'll be for the rest of the season.

Well we ride a 3 game win streak to start our 7game road trip...
How impressive has Earl Clark been?, if he isnt scoring he is making some good defensive plays he can run the floor can handle pass, if he can keep it up for the rest of the season i think they may just move Pau on....but who knows....

Good to see Kobe listened, maybe he reads these threads?lol, 39 assists in3games wow....and we won all games who would have thought?he is playing much better and only taing 11 or so shots.....Scary what our record could have been if they played like this from the start......

Anyways onto Phoenix which is a danger game hopefully they can get the W...

Back
Top Bottom