The official have a whinge about postage thread!

A point that should be made is that if you commit to buy something off ebay, and the postage was stated, then that's what you shall pay unless the seller agrees otherwise.

And no one said they wouldn't pay it, did they? What was being questioned is that you are getting what you pay for. Very simple concept actually, and nothing wrong with that is there?

You just can't please some people check this feedback I received for a cards listed in US$, postage was US$2 or A$2.55

Great seller despite shipping higher than the real cost Buyer:
calibraboyv6 ( 108 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
23-Jun-09 07:32

Reply by bruntyblue (23-Jun-09 18:59):
To Much A$2.55? $1.10 postage 95c padded bag 50c for toploader and softsleeve!!!

I contacted him and asked if he was real about the comment, came back with sorry checked the listing again and left the feedback for the wrong person, can I change it?

I replied with not that I know off.

You just can't please some people check this feedback I received for a cards listed in US$, postage was US$2 or A$2.55

Great seller despite shipping higher than the real cost Buyer:
calibraboyv6 ( 108 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
23-Jun-09 07:32

Reply by bruntyblue (23-Jun-09 18:59):
To Much A$2.55? $1.10 postage 95c padded bag 50c for toploader and softsleeve!!!

I contacted him and asked if he was real about the comment, came back with sorry checked the listing again and left the feedback for the wrong person, can I change it?

I replied with not that I know off.

$2.55 is pretty cheap postage! I don't think you can edit feedback, he'll have to speak to live help on ebay, they may be able to help!

i thought you could adjust feedback

i remember sometimes seeing replies to feedback and a reply to a reply ?????

confusing myself now

i thought you could adjust feedback

i remember sometimes seeing replies to feedback and a reply to a reply ?????

confusing myself now

my head hurts!
whazqf.jpg

And no one said they wouldn't pay it, did they? What was being questioned is that you are getting what you pay for. Very simple concept actually, and nothing wrong with that is there?

Nah there were implications people shouldn't go thru with the transaction after they'd bought it i thought.

update:

received the package yesterday, with a $3.85 sticker on it. confirmed with aussie post that it only costs $1.10 for postage + $2.75 for reg mail. contacted him last night and he agreed to a partial refund, and he refunded $8usd.

I got a mailer and the postage on it was only 30 cents less than what I paid for.

I know I started this most popular thread for a reason to keep the boards clutter free but NOW after receiving my mailer I have nothing to whinge about and join in LOL

Consider that my whinge.

I got a mailer and the postage on it was only 30 cents less than what I paid for.

I know I started this most popular thread for a reason to keep the boards clutter free but NOW after receiving my mailer I have nothing to whinge about and join in LOL

Consider that my whinge.

Had to get your $.02 in didn't ya? :lol:

thought this was worth a bump

just won a 99c jersey card, popped a bid on as i saw it was ending soon and shipping was $3.99

just got an invoice for $16.00 shipping with this quote

2923983.gif

"The only way that I ship International is Priority Mail with tracking #. This is a Flat Rate of US$16.00 for up to 20 Cards"

guess that snuffs out a few lil pickups this week

my own fault for not reading further down to contact for a shipping quote

still find it odd since on his shipping tab it has this

Postage and handling To Service Estimated delivery*
US $3.99 Australia USPS First Class Mail InternationalTM varies for items shipped from an international location
US $16.00 Australia USPS Priority Mail InternationalTM varies for items shipped from an international location

im guessing he has a blanket price for international to cover Canada

oh well

1zydksx.gif

yeah, i dunno

torn atm

i didnt read his listing in full, so its my own fault.

If i had read it and sent a message then not got a response in time then i would have let it go, not like another aint going to show up /100

i'll just take this one on the chin and suck on a lemon :p

if i get it and its with regular postage hes gunna cop it

Pfft $16 on a .99c card is robbery. Tell him to stop being a f#$&wit and send the damn thing!
I'm starting to get sick of these clowns on ebay, just seen a card i wanted for the PC (MJ Insert) and the card was $28 BIN (reasonable price for the card imo) so i thought hell yeah i'll buy that. Luckily i looked at the postage....................$58US to Australia!!!! WTF is wrong with these arseholes!

yeah tell me about charging way to much for the postage for me I dont mind paying up to $5 US for the postage but everytime and im mean every time I get a post bag from the states it either has $1.18 or $2.28 for the postage im thinking in future im going to neg them for over charging on the postage.

---------- Post added 01-02-2010 at 08:13 PM ----------

I wish i had known about this thread the other day I had a big whinge about my local PO trying to make me pay $9.30 to send 1 card to the states what a joke got it away for $2.10 cause I said there was only a document in there that under 50 grams.

Pfft $16 on a .99c card is robbery. Tell him to stop being a f#$&wit and send the damn thing!
I'm starting to get sick of these clowns on ebay, just seen a card i wanted for the PC (MJ Insert) and the card was $28 BIN (reasonable price for the card imo) so i thought hell yeah i'll buy that. Luckily i looked at the postage....................$58US to Australia!!!! WTF is wrong with these arseholes!

i understand why sellers do it, even if it is just a 99c card, you have 10 - 15 people a month file claims on you it starts to add up

some can sometimes have the shipping calculator thing setup wrong and it wants to send the card via usps prioty presidential premium package postal pontification parakeet flight mail

yeah tell me about charging way to much for the postage for me I dont mind paying up to $5 US for the postage but everytime and im mean every time I get a post bag from the states it either has $1.18 or $2.28 for the postage im thinking in future im going to neg them for over charging on the postage.

im not bothered with those things, $3 - $5 seems standard....at least if they pack it well, i take fees etc in to account

Im with you mate i don't mind up to $5us for postage or on a high end card $16 for registered but some of these guys really are douche bags. If im paying $58 for postage i expect 24ct gold plated magnetic cases and alpacca fleece lining in the postage bag.

Back
Top Bottom