The official have a whinge about postage thread!

If he goes out of business from the bad press then I guess the complaining will get some value but if he is paying rent for a shop etc then I am all for supporting local shops because they are rare as hens teeth..... Opening shops is not cheap and he already gets slayed regarding his other prices on here ! compared to ebay etc of course (annoying)

But there are so many collectors that are not on the net still and someone has to be willing to keep the hobby alive for the less fortunate that cant afford a computer or the net payments added to there living costs.

I dont know or like Carters postage charges but like i said, that is his decision and the buyers decision on whether they pay

If he goes out of business from the bad press then I guess the complaining will get some value but if he is paying rent for a shop etc then I am all for supporting local shops because they are rare as hens teeth..... Opening shops is not cheap and he already gets slayed regarding his other prices on here ! compared to ebay etc of course (annoying)

But there are so many collectors that are not on the net still and someone has to be willing to keep the hobby alive for the less fortunate that cant afford a computer or the net payments added to there living costs.

I dont know or like Carters postage charges but like i said, that is his decision and the buyers decision on whether they pay

I support local shops also, but ripping people off isn't because you own one isn't an excuse.

I never once said it is an excuse but it is up to the individual to decide where they add the costs. just like its each persons choice to bid/pay or buy :)

I can totally understand why there are comments about it on here !

so when are people accountable for our own actions and decisions ?

I never once said it is an excuse but it is up to the individual to decide where they add the costs. just like its each persons choice to bid/pay or buy :)

I can totally understand why there are comments about it on here !

so when are people accountable for our own actions and decisions ?

This could go on forever in circles... :lol:

We are all accountable by the decisions we make so rather than blaming other people why not just accept that you might have made a bad "decision", learn from it and move on rather than these witch hunts

Ultimately you're annoyed at peoples whinging about postage...but on your logic, you only have yourself to blame for being annoyed :lol:. You made a 'bad decision' coming into a thread titled 'have a whinge about postage' if you didn't want to see whinging :lol:. Therefore, aren't you to blame for your own decision?

Sorry mate just taking the piss :thumbsup:

its all in good fun :lol:

Just sitting here stiring the pot ;) and there is nothing wrong with a little friendly banter

I agree :thumbsup: Just got a response to the email I sent him, (which originally asked, what do I get for my $12usd?) and all he said was, "I have to send via reg. mail for anything over $100". hmmmm that realy answers my question! :blink::rolleyes:

I agree :thumbsup: Just got a response to the email I sent him, (which originally asked, what do I get for my $12usd?) and all he said was, "I have to send via reg. mail for anything over $100". hmmmm that realy answers my question! :blink::rolleyes:

Maybe he does not know about the registered post stickers you can buy ! I was only recently made aware that i could send registered post for less than about $15 ! Maybe some info can be added to the automated message in the deal threads that shows Aust post costs or a link to the prices :)

I quite enjoyed the discussion mate :thumbsup:

Maybe he does not know about the registered post stickers you can buy ! I was only recently made aware that i could send registered post for less than about $15 ! Maybe some info can be added to the automated message in the deal threads that shows Aust post costs or a link to the prices :)

I quite enjoyed the discussion mate :thumbsup:

You can send it for $3.75 if I'm not mistaken! I have an international postage thread already!

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/general-forum/51309-international-postage-questions.html

i can understand that side of things for covering his butt with paypal, there are more dirty bidders than sellers out there

dunno what rego post costs

dont think it would be Au$16 all up

i can understand that side of things for covering his butt with paypal, there are more dirty bidders than sellers out there

dunno what rego post costs

dont think it would be Au$16 all up

As I have stated above, costs way less than that! :woot:

haha, i just paid $11USD for postage from carter on the 13th of june and still have not received the item.........so don't like your chances of getting express post:(

Wow! What have I missed?
Who is this Carter dude?

Hey Spree... it has been a while hey :wave:
I sent something to Aussie2al on Friday, it got there on Monday and it was sent from NZ!! :blink:

$12usd for Melbourne to Melbourne? lol okay.....

Carter responded once again to my email to him...

"Hi Norm
I will send your card out tomorrow by reg. mail and will refund you the difference if thats less than $12.THANKS
Carter"

someone tried to charge me $10 for reg post on two cards THRU HERE
he ended up getting nasty when i said:
"LOL no thanks"
i have a vague memory of a thread topic being deleted about it????

which is kinda ironic when i contacted admin about something last week and was never gotten back too.

Actually, if someone quotes you a price for shipping you have 3 options.

1 - Pay the price quoted
2 - Ask for alternative shipping methods
3 - Dont buy the cards

As for contacting Admin/Moderators there are 4 of us here, Graham, Chadjaja, Dr. Curlytek and myself.

Finally as for posting parts of private messages in your signature, even if you have removed the senders name this is not on. I have amended your signature to remove the PM you had posted there.

Any isssues, contact me.

Cheers
Matt

someone tried to charge me $10 for reg post on two cards THRU HERE
he ended up getting nasty when i said:
"LOL no thanks"
i have a vague memory of a thread topic being deleted about it????

which is kinda ironic when i contacted admin about something last week and was never gotten back too.

Kyle if you are out there, u sent me some cards last week that i believe i did not pay for (yet we have done a few deals for sixers cards previously)
i think they are for someone else and u have posted them to me by mistake.
i would very much like to get the cards to the correct owner.
one is a larry bird on card sig game used #ered 16/33 along with plenty of others.

Hi mate, i have also left Kyle a message regarding the pack with the bird auto ! fm a SMP deal

Thanks for being honest champ :thumbsup:

A point that should be made is that if you commit to buy something off ebay, and the postage was stated, then that's what you shall pay unless the seller agrees otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom