The Official 2019 TLA NRL Traders Thread

Can’t go wrong with any of those. Bert, the only man to keep the King from the #6, what a player.

Sattler, tough, absolute gentleman of.

Generally most years have had an ‘older’ era player and then a more modern. All years have been Hall of Fame also except Buderus (will be one day) and Menzies / Tallis (are now though).

So many options, even a Stacey Jones, ET, Lamb, list of possibilities are endless!!

In terms of future signers, as a dragons fan I feel pretty well served, but since I'm actually a Wollongong boy and old school Steelers fan I'm not sure any of my childhood favourites are likely to make the legends card cut (oh for a Wishart or McGreggor). Overall, would love most to see a Mal Meninga, Bob Fulton and a Laurie Daley. Lochy would be cool but I've heard he may have signed for some other upcoming set recently so maybe unlikely he would have done a legends traders as well?

Last edited:
Maybe have a more recent player that’s still involved in the game with coaching/ media example: laurie daley, petero civoniceva , mal maningar, Rick Stuart and an older Ledgend example: Graham Eddie and many listed above.

Helps promote the game with those still envolved in the public arena whilst also paying respect to those who set up the game we all love that are not in the public eye as often?

I like the idea of someone from PNG, Fiji, Samoa or Tonga. Marcus Bai(png), Petero Civoniceva(fiji), Roy Asotasi(samoa) or Brent Kite (tonga). Promotes the game and acknoledges the emerging nations.

So many possibilities.

I like the idea of a Kenny. Perhaps Kenny and Smith or Clyde he deserves greater recognition and perhaps TLA will have him in the Bulldogs jersey.

Wasn't there a rumour last year was the end for the Legends or was I dreaming?

Cheers
Ross

I like the idea of someone from PNG, Fiji, Samoa or Tonga. Marcus Bai(png), Petero Civoniceva(fiji), Roy Asotasi(samoa) or Brent Kite (tonga). Promotes the game and acknoledges the emerging nations.
I think that should be another sub set. This one is called Legends so that is the criteria.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom