The Official 2017 TLA Elite NRL Thread (Sell Sheet Page 10, 1/1 Preview Page 17)

Imagination land
All I am doing is considering the following:
1) Imagining the 17 Elite release to make ME PERSONALLY wanting to tackle the master set
2) Nobody wants too many back-end insets
3) Nobody wants too many parallels or too many variants of one same concept
4) In spite of above, collectors seems to want simplicity in the release
5) Rumours have indicated a /10 mojo variant will be incoming release that users on this forum have been rejecting
6) Pretty sure somebody said the rarest inset will be /15
7) Therefore have done a bit of self-detective work to figure out how something as above would actually work if so
8) Considering how/why 2016 Elite arguably has been the best so far from ESP and what needs to be done to make 17 Elite comparable

Anyway, hope at least some understand where I'm coming from...

So the bottom line and any point I have missed, are collectors predicting/anticipated 2017 Elite will be the best so far from ESP or will only 16 Elite remain the best to date by the end of this year?!

If you want a masters set just buy one. Saves cash thats for sure and all numbered the same
That's a bit of a pickle as there were only 5 last year and will probably only be 5 this year too. depending on whose hands they go to first certain teams let alone whole sets might not be realistically obtainable for most collectors

I'm excited for the release though. 2016 was leaps and bounds ahead of 2015 so if they make a similar set I'm sure it'll go down well

As of today, 2017 Elite looks to be the following:

I only asked because the way you started your thread (as quoted above) it seemed to me as if you were in the know rather than having a guess.

Sounds good what your listing but I would love to hear some rumours with substance in the "Official 2017 Elite thread".

Surely someone has heard something by now?

Cheers
Ross

Last edited:
I'm considering moving out of the hobby. Card prices really seem to have taken a hit looking at recent sales - even from the Dynamic and Select era. It's amazing how Select cards held their values over the years that they had the contract.

Completely get where you are coming from in terms of moving away from the hobby, is just a non stop cash leaking exercise the last few years. The marvel set, Signed premiership sets etc do not help either in that respect

Remember the furore when Select released the RLPA cards of Dugan and Hodkinson? It was seen as a blatant cash grab that went against the tenets of trading cards being something you busted. There is a fine line between trading cards and memorabilia

I'd hate it if league went any further down that route, especially expensive sets that most can't afford. How long can we keep adapting and re-evaluating our trading card pursuits? Once there a few sets etc that the average Joe can't afford, then it becomes even more of a 'what's the point anymore' type of hobby.

I totally agree with you, and that's why there have been so many long time collectors stop and sell up,

Remember the furore when Select released the RLPA cards of Dugan and Hodkinson? It was seen as a blatant cash grab that went against the tenets of trading cards being something you busted. There is a fine line between trading cards and memorabilia

I'd hate it if league went any further down that route, especially expensive sets that most can't afford. How long can we keep adapting and re-evaluating our trading card pursuits? Once there a few sets etc that the average Joe can't afford, then it becomes even more of a 'what's the point anymore' type of hobby.
Totally agree with you on facets, I used to get 1 of every thing that came out, sometimes 2.
These days I am pushed to even bother completeing a set, I try to get all cards numbered 36, even that has taken a back step these days, as there are turds out there bidding them up, just to use as trade bait.
Then there are guys like batboy holding onto them for no reason, for a just in case scenario.
I have given away so much to other collectors over the years, just because I good.
I am no longer forking out over the top prices for any cards.
I am hearing there are another 4 sets of cards to get apart from the 3 main releases, this year.
I am glad this is ESP's last year.

Back
Top Bottom