The Official 2017 TLA Elite NRL Thread (Sell Sheet Page 10, 1/1 Preview Page 17)

Hard to say. Obviously the signature cards are completely different sets but the more cards in the set the more likely overall prices will be lower.

For some reason very few Elite signature cards hold value. LS are /130 with some top players and you can pick mostcof them up for under $80.

It seems only 2013 has held some decent value

Sure will devalue. The Ruby mojo prices dropped a bit when the sapphires were introduced.
Yes when 15 Elite first came out, for a ruby mojo set (that being the sole variant of its concept) you were looking close to $1000 for a low number for a more dominant team lol

So has it actually been confirmed there will be a /10 mojo variant in 17 Elite? And rumours suggesting there are there going to be /05 and 1/1 mojo variants in 18 Elite also???

I was reluctant to pay big $$$ for the sapphire last year but did. A /10 will be $800+, will kill me!!
To be honest, by the end of this year, many people would surrender they're not gunna snap one up - therefore not regarding them as a legit goal in their collections. In other words a Titans, Knights or Warriors gold or emerald mojo (pretty sure it will be in one of those colours) would plummet towards only $400 and unfortunately that would mean ruby mojos would plummet as low as $100 plus not to mention sapphires as low as $200. Sounds like bad news to some but think it's not off the mark...

To be honest, by the end of this year, many people would surrender they're not gunna snap one up - therefore not regarding them as a legit goal in their collections. In other words a Titans, Knights or Warriors gold or emerald mojo (pretty sure it will be in one of those colours) would plummet towards only $400 and unfortunately that would mean ruby mojos would plummet as low as $100 plus not to mention sapphires as low as $200. Sounds like bad news to some but think it's not off the mark...
Then there are teams like the eels, saints and Souths that are highly collected and once they are in the team pcs of these collectors they are gone and won't come out

Then there are teams like the eels, saints and Souths that are highly collected and once they are in the team pcs of these collectors they are gone and won't come out
Fair enough, but I wonder how much Para, Saints and Souths collectors would really be prepared to pay for a /10 mojo set?

Now apart from the /10 mojo set I wonder if anyone else has heard of other front-end concepts to be introduced into 17 Elite? You'd probably know I am full of ideas but on the other hand I'd be only pushing stories into a post lol -- well I'm pretty sure the MWG concept will be accounted for Raiders and Titans and other two for Panthers and Cowboys (now in black ink lol). If I am wrong in terms of those other teams, it would then be out of Knights, Warriors, Eels, Saints, Wests, or Manly and perhaps the concept would be known as Road to Fortune as opposed to Road to finals. that'd then mean 18 Elite would accumulate the four remaining club to have such Road to Finals/Fortune concept by the end of next year.

Unlike Traders, ESP do not seem to repeat further-back-end concepts for series II releases...

As of today, 2017 Elite looks to be the following:

Common cards
- back to 144 (9 per pocket page) and a design to make this set speak for itself and while 3:4 packs may not have an inset, a large portion of packs minus inset will be hp player never to be found in pack inclusive of inset - therefore making common base exceptionally challenging to build. Bad news for younger collectors to pay $8 per pack and that's what you get but lets face it - Series I is for that kind of stuff lol

Ruby Specials (64; 4 per club); 1:4 packs - Ruby concept to take place as the back-end parallel slot for this coming release (hopefully lol)

Rookie Cards (32; 2 per club); 1:8 packs (+parallel variant @/100; 1:48 packs) - All different players to YGs and posing portrait style (similar look to AFL series 2 concept) of whom have made their debut as of 2017 or if not AT LEAST DRAFTED and/or playing in Holden cup.

Young Guns Sig (16; /390); 1:24 packs - maybe I'm dreaming here in terms of concept being placing in such hit slot (however if I'm wrong have a feeling box-search inset will be an animated concept but of course one suitable for a release of its kind - in other words nothing "babyish" or corny lol)

League Sensations (16; /130); 1:72 packs - usual (still unlike 2015 Elite lol)

League Historians (16; /130); 1:72 packs -
This concept to take place only if Young Guns in hit-slot as suggested (otherwise YGs as usual). If to be, similar to Legends concept from series I however one per each club and to be fair, top players in particular now of those who've retired yet not as hp as most of those depicted on Legends lol.

Road to Finals/Fortune (4; /150 +signature variant @/50)
- Canberra and Gold Coast would surely have to be in this year plus two others if the Finals concept to be continued therefore Cowboys and Panthers now in black ink. Otherwise concept be renamed Fortune instead of Finals to include either Warriors, Knights, Eels, Saints, Tigers or Manly

Mojo Concepts:
Sapphire /45
- this year out of 45 to prevent devaluation of last year's blue /20 version thus 45 a number traditionally associate with a sapphire lol
Emerald /15 - sort of assuming ESP have heard our complaints we do not want a third /ten variant of this concept but will do it as mentioned as a compromise

As of today, 2017 Elite looks to be the following:

Common cards
- back to 144 (9 per pocket page) and a design to make this set speak for itself and while 3:4 packs may not have an inset, a large portion of packs minus inset will be hp player never to be found in pack inclusive of inset - therefore making common base exceptionally challenging to build. Bad news for younger collectors to pay $8 per pack and that's what you get but lets face it - Series I is for that kind of stuff lol

Ruby Specials (64; 4 per club); 1:4 packs - Ruby concept to take place as the back-end parallel slot for this coming release (hopefully lol)

Rookie Cards (32; 2 per club); 1:8 packs (+parallel variant @/100; 1:48 packs) - All different players to YGs and posing portrait style (similar look to AFL series 2 concept) of whom have made their debut as of 2017 or if not AT LEAST DRAFTED and/or playing in Holden cup.

Young Guns Sig (16; /390); 1:24 packs - maybe I'm dreaming here in terms of concept being placing in such hit slot (however if I'm wrong have a feeling box-search inset will be an animated concept but of course one suitable for a release of its kind - in other words nothing "babyish" or corny lol)

League Sensations (16; /130); 1:72 packs - usual (still unlike 2015 Elite lol)

League Historians (16; /130); 1:72 packs -
This concept to take place only if Young Guns in hit-slot as suggested (otherwise YGs as usual). If to be, similar to Legends concept from series I however one per each club and to be fair, top players in particular now of those who've retired yet not as hp as most of those depicted on Legends lol.

Road to Finals/Fortune (4; /150 +signature variant @/50)
- Canberra and Gold Coast would surely have to be in this year plus two others if the Finals concept to be continued therefore Cowboys and Panthers now in black ink. Otherwise concept be renamed Fortune instead of Finals to include either Warriors, Knights, Eels, Saints, Tigers or Manly

Mojo Concepts:
Sapphire /45
- this year out of 45 to prevent devaluation of last year's blue /20 version thus 45 a number traditionally associate with a sapphire lol
Emerald /15 - sort of assuming ESP have heard our complaints we do not want a third /ten variant of this concept but will do it as mentioned as a compromise

From what I have heard so far, I don't think this is how it will play out im afraid.

Back
Top Bottom