The Official 2008/09 Player movement/Trade thread

Ohhhh **** that..........$82Mil???? Are you serious? The guys a #2 on any team at best...we've just committed salary cap suicide. All this good work getting Brand just to do this... I'm ropeable!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Hahaha! U may be ropeable!!!

But I think its awesome!!!

U hate the guy, but I dont!!!

Look at his stats from his first 4 years to Kobe's stats of his first 4 years, and they're basically identical!!!

He has alot of growing up game wise to do, but I believe he can do it!!!

With Brand on the team now, its good!

We have a bunch of classy up and coming players plus a veteran!!!

Cant waIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON!

Hahaha! U may be ropeable!!!

But I think its awesome!!!

U hate the guy, but I dont!!!

Look at his stats from his first 4 years to Kobe's stats of his first 4 years, and they're basically identical!!!

He has alot of growing up game wise to do, but I believe he can do it!!!

With Brand on the team now, its good!

We have a bunch of classy up and coming players plus a veteran!!!

Cant waIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON!

Haha don't hate him Rhys :) He's a very good all round player but not worth that money. The guy simply doesn;t have an $82Mil game. His last season was good, but then why wouldn;t it be? He had no competition for the ball and it was his team. The guy just does not have the skills/tools to carry a team though as was shown in the playoffs. IMO he's peaked already unless he grows a heart.

Again, I don;t hate him! He's a quality #2 option, but that's what he is, a #2 option and I don;t see why we're paying him like a franchise player.

Anyone see the 6-player, 3 Team deal that went down with Cleveland, Milwaukee & Oklahoma??

Cavs get Mo Williams (Milwaukee)
Milwaukee get Damon Jones (Cleveland), Luke Ridnour & Adrian Griffin (Oklahoma)
Oklahoma get Joe Smith (Cleveland) & Desmond Mason (Milwaukee)

The way I read it, Oklahoma already have a forward line, so Smith won't see many minutes, perhaps just a filler, and a veteran in the locker room.

Desmond Mason returning to the (then) Sonics squad, might provide scoring assistance?

Milwaukee salary relief, and a Point Guard who can perform, but will he (Ridnour)??

Cleveland pickup a decent Point in Williams. Looks like Cleveland trying everything to help Lebron stay.

ESPN.com said:
Cleveland, Milwaukee and Oklahoma City have agreed in principle to a six-player trade that could add a much-needed second scorer to LeBron James' Cavaliers.

Mo Williams, the high-scoring point guard from Milwaukee, will go to Cleveland in the deal, which should be announced later Wednesday.

The 6-foot-1 Williams averaged 17.2 points and a team-high 6.3 assists for the Bucks last season.

Cleveland will send shooting guard Damon Jones to Milwaukee and forward Joe Smith to Oklahoma City.

Milwaukee also will get point guard Luke Ridnour and forward Adrian Griffin from Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City, formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics, also gets Desmond Mason, the athletic small forward, from the Bucks.

Since joining the Cavaliers in 2003-04, James has not had a teammate who averaged as much as 17 points per game. But Williams has done so the past two seasons, averaging a career-high 17.3 points in his breakout season of 2006-2007.

The acquisition of Williams may spell the end of Delonte West's brief tenure in Cleveland. The Cavaliers have been embroiled in contract talks with West, a free agent who became their starting point guard after being traded from Seattle last February.

While Williams, 25, will definitely be Cleveland's starting point guard, a person close to the situation said the Cavaliers still will look to re-sign West, a 6-4 combo guard who could start beside Williams in the backcourt. Milwaukee and Oklahoma City view the trade largely as a salary dump.

The Bucks, who traded former lottery pick Yi Jianlian to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson earlier this summer, get rid of the five years, $43 million left on Williams' contract while taking on Jones and Griffin, both of whom are in the last year of their deals. Ridnour has just two years, $13 million remaining on his contract.

As for Oklahoma City's acquisitions, Smith and Mason also are in the final year of their deals.

Chris Broussard is a writer for ESPN The Magazine.

Anyone see the 6-player, 3 Team deal that went down with Cleveland, Milwaukee & Oklahoma??

Cavs get Mo Williams (Milwaukee)
Milwaukee get Damon Jones (Cleveland), Luke Ridnour & Adrian Griffin (Oklahoma)
Oklahoma get Joe Smith (Cleveland) & Desmond Mason (Milwaukee)

The way I read it, Oklahoma already have a forward line, so Smith won't see many minutes, perhaps just a filler, and a veteran in the locker room.

Desmond Mason returning to the (then) Sonics squad, might provide scoring assistance?

Milwaukee salary relief, and a Point Guard who can perform, but will he (Ridnour)??

Cleveland pickup a decent Point in Williams. Looks like Cleveland trying everything to help Lebron stay.

Interesting trade that. Like it for the Bucks. They get rid of the shoot first PG and add a Pass first PG :) Also a potential pinch hitter in Jones.
Cavs are adding a ball hungry player to a team that likes to give it to Bron and get out of the way? Not sure how that will work...but hey, might help on the scoring front.
OKC get Mason into an already crowded 2/3 position, so maybe not used much? And they get a quality veteren who can still perform but is likely more of a tutor.

With Lebron tho, it's kinda hard to have a Pass-first PG, same with Kobe, and same with when Jordan was around.
All these players' game-styles demand they have the ball most of the time, as they create their own shots.

With Lebron tho, it's kinda hard to have a Pass-first PG, same with Kobe, and same with when Jordan was around.
All these players' game-styles demand they have the ball most of the time, as they create their own shots.

Too true, too true :) Could be a good fit that!

Haha don't hate him Rhys :) He's a very good all round player but not worth that money. The guy simply doesn;t have an $82Mil game. His last season was good, but then why wouldn;t it be? He had no competition for the ball and it was his team. The guy just does not have the skills/tools to carry a team though as was shown in the playoffs. IMO he's peaked already unless he grows a heart.

Again, I don;t hate him! He's a quality #2 option, but that's what he is, a #2 option and I don;t see why we're paying him like a franchise player.

hahaha! Yeah I know you don't hate him, it was just a bad choice of words! haha

He did choke in the playoffs though and showed he needs alot of improving when the time is needed for him to step up!

But hopefully he learns by that!!!

But $82mil is a freak load of money, so hopefully he realizes the amount of expectation the team has on him and he delivers and works hard at it!!!

I believe he has it in him! Just hopefully he doesn't turn into an Allan Houston type saga!!! haha

Great to see the shoot-first point guard leave Milwaukee. Hopefully it has a positive impact on Bogut's game. They also received two expiring contracts....really like this trade for Milwaukee.

they also have Sessions on the bench and if he can get better like he did at the end of the last season then i think they are improved team.

mo williams is a better player than u guys are giving him credit for... cavs could use his speed and scoring ability and 3pt shooting to spread the floor more for lebron (17ppg @ 48% FG, 38% 3pt) plus he dished 6.3 apg... not too bad... he is injury prone though, hasnt played more than 68 games in last 3 years... i like the move for the cavs but there is some risk and he's on some good coin if i remember

bucks i think want to see what ramon sessions can do... pretty exciting player... they changed the look of their team and should be a far better team this season...

okc, well really dont really see too much there aside from durant, green and wilcox... the rest are all tradeable pieces who may look good on contenders later in the season

After weeks of speculation, Sean Singletary has been traded from the Sacramento Kings to the Houston Rockets today as part of a multi-player deal.

Singletary joins Ron Artest and Patrick Ewing Jr. in the move to Houston. Artest was the key in the deal, as Sacramento and Houston had been working out a trade with his name in it for quite some time. The former Cavalier now heads to a Rockets squad that already has six guards on it, including Tracy McGrady and Steve Francis.

Singletary was drafted by the Kings with the 42nd overall pick in June's NBA Draft.

Devean George staying a Mav for 09 Season...

$2M a year, so that's pretty cool. Less than we paid for him last season!!

DallasNews said:
George and the Mavericks reached an agreement Wednesday on a two-year contract worth about $4 million, according to Mark Bartelstein, George's agent. Bartelstein said the deal includes a player option for George to return to free agency after next season.

"He's excited about returning to the Mavericks," Bartelstein said. "He's excited about playing for [new coach] Rick Carlisle. Rick made a great impression on him and came to visit him a couple of times."

George, who will turn 31 on Aug. 29, fills one of two remaining open roster spots for the Mavs. He was on their roster last season for about $2.3 million.

George, a 6-8 guard/forward, averaged 3.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 53 games last season. George has averaged 5.8 points and 3.3 rebounds over nine NBA seasons (the first seven with the Los Angeles Lakers).

More than a half dozen other teams had shown interest in George in free agency. He appeared to be heading elsewhere as the Mavericks' roster begin to fill and after his controversial refusal in February to be included in a trade with the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

Fans booed George during a Feb. 13 game for not wanting to be included in a deal that eventually was worked out days later but ended up costing Mavs owner Mark Cuban more than $11 million extra. Cuban didn't immediately return an e-mail Wednesday requesting comment.

Mavericks president Donnie Nelson told The News earlier this month that fans shouldn't "hold out a lot of hope" of re-signing George because they were so far apart of the numbers.

But Bartelstein said "there was an interest on both sides all along to keep him in Dallas.

"We just kind of kept talking about it, talking about it and finally got something done on it," Bartelstein added. "He's excited about his role with the Mavericks. I think it's great for Devean, great for the Mavs."

Rumours suggest that the Blazers have offered Travis Outlaw and Joel Przybilla to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich and possibly a future draft pick.

Source: rumorpress.net

I'd take that if I was the Bulls.

You don't get statistically the best return but it's not like the Bulls couldn't do with a big body up front who is known as a shotblocker.

Plus Outlaw has heaps of upside, still a young'un he can flat out play. Adds versatility to a team that's loaded at the PG/SG position atm.

Back
Top Bottom