The Official 2008/09 Player movement/Trade thread

Carter did an oustanding job too. and HELLS YEAH finally a good signing for the Heat, welcome Shaun Livingston!!

Agreed. But if you can get a quality PG for 2 guys who sit at 10th or below on the depth chart to replace your Mid 30s mediocre PG, you do it!

Livingston...jury is out. Am tipping the main issue with him will be getting him right mentally to get over the chance hsi knees my buckle...could be solid pick up in a few years.

Fairly nice move for Miami, I don't mind Livingston and Quinn running the point. Any idea of when Livingston would be looking at playing? He's doubtful for the season start right?

Fairly nice move for Miami, I don't mind Livingston and Quinn running the point. Any idea of when Livingston would be looking at playing? He's doubtful for the season start right?

Nah he's jumping right in at training I think he's roaring and ready to go?

Yeah not sure about Quinn in the long-run, he's not showed much, like he can set up plays and hit the open jumper but he's slow and small, probably a backup at best, in my opinion anyway.

But now we have 4 options at the point, Chris Quinn, Marcus Banks, Shaun Livingston and rookie who was meant to be a lottery pick, Mario Chalmers.

You already know my opinion on Quinn. I think Marcus Banks has more to show than Quinn, he was a high pick and he's a good athlete, he's a good defender and he is quick and shoots the ball at a high rate. He hasn't been given a proper opportunity and when he was he averaged like 10 and 5 in limited minutes, maybe this is the time for him.

As for Livingston he was really hyped coming into the league, and hey there is no shame in averaging 8 and 5 in your rook season as an 18 year old point guard straight from HS, bit of sophomore slump the next year but the 3rd season at 21 put up 9.3 and 5 apg before popping his knee.

He's still only 23, about the age most seniors from college who come into the NBA are, and he's got loads of talent. If we can nurture him and bring him along well, put him up next to Beasley and Wade and we've got a strong backcourt and beast up front.

As for Chalmers, everyones seen him, the guy can flat out ball, hopefully he stays off the dope though!! :D

Chalmers is good, but I wouldn't be holding out hope for Banks too much. WHen Nash went out with Phoenix and as a back up he never really got it done consistently. Has had a good games, but you have to bring it every night

Chalmers is good, but I wouldn't be holding out hope for Banks too much. WHen Nash went out with Phoenix and as a back up he never really got it done consistently. Has had a good games, but you have to bring it every night

Yeah fair enough. I mean we have two young PG's with loads of potential in Chalmers and Livingston, hopefully we can at least flip a coin and get one of them to be really good.

As for Banks, I like him at least more than Quinny haha!

Yeah fair enough. I mean we have two young PG's with loads of potential in Chalmers and Livingston, hopefully we can at least flip a coin and get one of them to be really good.

As for Banks, I like him at least more than Quinny haha!
I'd anticipate Quinn being #1 this season with Chalmers backing up. And those roles reversed next season. Livingston I don;t see as coming back too strong from his injury, otherwise surely the Clips would have kept him to develop behind Baron.

I'd anticipate Quinn being #1 this season with Chalmers backing up. And those roles reversed next season. Livingston I don;t see as coming back too strong from his injury, otherwise surely the Clips would have kept him to develop behind Baron.

Maybe, or maybe they just gave up on him too soon.

I mean the Clips made plenty of moves this season, and signed many players, I always suppose they didn't anticipate Jason Williams retiring.

Yeah Quinn will be because he returns to the roster etc, but I'm glad we picked up Livingston, unlike the other guys we picked up there is actually ability hidden behind his injuries and youth, and it could be very beneficial in a few seasons when Beasley is hitting his stride also.

Mavs & Pacers do trade, Jones no longer a Mav....

Sad to see Eddie leave, although I say he's only got another year left in his tank, he is/was a great asset to Dallas coming off the bench.

Let's hope we get similar results from Williams.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Larry Bird's housecleaning project has claimed another casualty.

The Indiana Pacers traded forward Shawne Williams to the Dallas Mavericks for 14-year veteran Eddie Jones, future draft picks and cash, the Pacers said Friday.

Bird, the Pacers' president, has made it clear he plans to repair the team's image after several negative off-the-court issues in recent years. Williams, Indiana's first-round draft pick in 2006, was dogged by three incidents involving police in the past 13 months.

"He's got a lot of potential," Bird told the Associated Press. "You hate to give up on those type of players, but with what we're trying to do here, we felt it was best to move Shawne. This trade wasn't made because he wasn't talented enough, it was because of the other things."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3637019"]Williams traded to Dallas for veteran Jones, future draft picks, cash - NBA - ESPN[/ame]

shawne williams is a guy with some serious talent but who has also had some major issues off the court, so hopefully the veteran leaders can straighten him out... the last couple of guys the mavs have picked up off waivers, or bench guys that havent shown much on previous teams, the mavs have been able to get something out of them.

hopefully williams and gerals green can be good assets for the team this year, otherwise if they dont do well in the postseason, it will be time to blow this team up once and for all... enough chances already

I think unless J.Kidd works hard this year, and the bench provides adequate backup, the Mavs are def. on the brink of being blown up!

It's good to be able to follow two teams these days... :thumbsup:

Not sure how much playing time Green will receive, looks like he's coming off the bench behind Terry, behind Stackhouse, and behind George.

Back
Top Bottom