The Official 2008/09 Player movement/Trade thread

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
Alright I'll kick this off....lokks like there are a few Draft Day moves on the go....

Bucks acquire Richard Jefferson from New Jersey for Bobby Simmons and Yi Jianlian

June 26, 2008

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired forward Richard Jefferson (6-7, 225) from the New Jersey Nets in exchange for forwards Bobby Simmons and Yi Jianlian, General Manager John Hammond announced today.

“Richard Jefferson is a hard-working, proven, dynamic performer at the forward position,” said Hammond. “He’s an aggressive player with terrific credentials over his career. He’s been a winner, having gone to the playoffs in six of his seven seasons, and we’re excited to bring him to Milwaukee.

“We certainly want to thank Bobby and Yi for their contributions to our organization,” said Hammond. “Although my time with them in Milwaukee was limited, I know both are talented players with many good years ahead of them in the NBA. We wish both of them well in New Jersey.”

Jefferson, 28, averaged a career-high 22.6 points (9th in the NBA) for New Jersey last season, marking the first time in his career that he finished in the top ten in scoring. He started all 82 games for the Nets and contributed 4.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists per contest. During the 2007-08 campaign, Jefferson set the Nets all-time record for free throws made (542, 6th in the NBA) and attempted (679, 7th in NBA). His 1,857 points were the fourth highest total for a Nets player in a single season, while his scoring average was the sixth highest single season average in New Jersey history.

A seven-year veteran, Jefferson was drafted by the Houston Rockets in the first round (13th overall) of the 2001 NBA Draft. Jefferson was acquired by New Jersey, along with the draft rights of Jason Collins and Brandon Armstrong, for Eddie Griffin on June 27, 2001. In 489 career regular season games with the Nets, he has averaged 17.4 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.1 assists. A six-time playoff performer with New Jersey, including consecutive trips to the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003, Jefferson has averaged 15.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 78 post-season games.

Simmons (6-6, 230) spent three seasons in Milwaukee (did not play in the 2006-07 season due to injury) and averaged 10.6 points and 3.9 rebounds in 145 games in a Bucks uniform. He has played in six NBA seasons since being drafted out of DePaul in 2001 and owns career averages of 10.0 points and 4.1 rebounds. The 28-year old has also spent time with Washington and the Los Angeles Clippers.

Yi (7-0, 238) was drafted by the Bucks in the first round of last year’s NBA Draft (6th overall) and appeared in 66 games during his rookie campaign. He posted averages of 8.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 0.85 blocks per game. He ranked 9th among rookie leaders in scoring and 5th in rebounding, and was named the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for December. A native of Shenzhen, China, the 20-year-old will compete in the Beijing Olympics this summer for the Chinese National Team.

I like this move for the Bucks. Gets rid of an oversized Simmons contract and some talent in Yi (but wasn;t their questions on his real age?) while taking back a huge talent in RJ.

Today saw Jerryd Bayless get drafted by Indiana at #11 then sent to Portland with Ike Diogu for Portlands #13 drafted Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack and Josh Mcroberts.

Today saw Jerryd Bayless get drafted by Indiana at #11 then sent to Portland with Ike Diogu for Portlands #13 drafted Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack and Josh Mcroberts.

Indiana gets another scorer in Jarrett Jack to compensate JO's production. I'm thinking they don't want to wait for Bayless to develop. Brandon Rush can score a bit from the outside too I understand. But Indiana becomes too small imo

But Portland just got heaps better for this trade... man bayless at 1 roy at 2... and they have aldridge at 4 and oden at 5.. tons of talent and all at a young age.. sure playoffs

Indiana gets another scorer in Jarrett Jack to compensate JO's production. I'm thinking they don't want to wait for Bayless to develop. Brandon Rush can score a bit from the outside too I understand. But Indiana becomes too small imo

But Portland just got heaps better for this trade... man bayless at 1 roy at 2... and they have aldridge at 4 and oden at 5.. tons of talent and all at a young age.. sure playoffs

Jack a scorer? He's a PG...don;t know about scorer...And I doubt he'll get much time behind TJ Ford and possibly Tinsley.

bro the guy can score! He'll get 15-16 ppg this year if they play him 35 minutes a game. tinsley's not gonna be there.. they'll find someone to take him lol and tj ford won't be playing starting pg since he's bound to get injured. I'd go with Jack first and TJ playing 6th man to avoid injury. And play him and tj ford at the same time with dunleavy and granger and troy murphy when you want to run. And then the Rush's can come off the bench when someone gets tired. lol

bro the guy can score! He'll get 15-16 ppg this year if they play him 35 minutes a game. tinsley's not gonna be there.. they'll find someone to take him lol and tj ford won't be playing starting pg since he's bound to get injured. I'd go with Jack first and TJ playing 6th man to avoid injury. And play him and tj ford at the same time with dunleavy and granger and troy murphy when you want to run. And then the Rush's can come off the bench when someone gets tired. lol

You're dreamin' if you think that Jack will get 35 mins a game. Unless TJ and Tinsley play about 6 mins each....

Jack is just a filler for the trade.

I really like the moving of RJ out of Jersey. Only downside, they lose those "instant points" that he provided.

If Lopez can be an inside scorer and defender they say he is, it's likely that the Jets can make some noise this year.

I hear also that the Mavs are targetting Diop back from Jersey in either FA mode ($5M worth) or sign and trade for one of their guys (maybe George?).

Also that, don't quote me, but there's a chance that Lebron James could head for Jersey.... just not till 2010..... :eek:

haha i like jarrett jack maybe i'm biased. and i hate tinsley!!! trade him already. and redd as well.. redd for ANYONE

Memphis also traded the rights to Syracuse forward Donte Greene, the No. 28 pick, in exchange for the rights to Darrell Arthur, who was picked 27th and traded three times. New Orleans dealt his rights to Portland, which then traded him to Houston. The Rockets then traded his rights to Memphis early Friday morning.

This guy is obviously just collecting team hats.

Also that, don't quote me, but there's a chance that Lebron James could head for Jersey.... just not till 2010..... :eek:

That's been a rumour for ages. Has to do with LBJ's friendship with Jay Z, who is part owner of the Nets.

Portland signed guard Rudy Fernandez!!! Man, sergio and rudy finally going to play together in the nba... if oden and lamarcus become monsters in the board, sergio and rudy are gonna go nash and marion on ANY team!

anyone know if he has a card? when's his rc anyway? lol

I've never seen him play, is he any good? He can dunk though. Probably just a filler though. 1 year contract lol

Gerald Green to join Mavs - ProSportsDaily Forums

This just in as well... will he really get a chance to play though? or is it more of an insurance type acquisition by the mavs?

Could be a smart move, not necessarily for playing time, but to lock up a guy who is still only 21/22, at the crossroads of his career and needs to prove himself/take another step. If they manage to give him the chance and dicipline, it could pay off big time.

Could be a smart move, not necessarily for playing time, but to lock up a guy who is still only 21/22, at the crossroads of his career and needs to prove himself/take another step. If they manage to give him the chance and dicipline, it could pay off big time.

great move by the mavs imo, the kid can play, just needs an opportunity to prove himself.

Calderon has re-signed with Toronto for a reported $40M over 5 years... excellent value in my opinion, its gonna seem like a bargain in a year or two i reckon... i would rather him than tj ford anyday!

Back
Top Bottom