The NFL

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
For anyone who likes the big picture stuff in sports as I do, try to get a hold of last night's episode of First Take on ESPN. It discusses the big picture issue in the NFL, namely: the latent racism that sees a white Wide Receiver coach from New England leapfrog a coaching level ( co-ordinator) to win the head coaching position at the New York Giants - at the expense of a number of highly qualified African American candidates. One could argue that it's not even latent racism anymore, but overt racism.

For most of its life the NFL has deprived fans from seeing Quarter Backs the likes of Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, and especially Lamar Jackson, because, as I suspect, African American athletes generally speaking, but especially QB's, were perceived as more physically gifted than white athletes but not as intelligent as white athletes; not able to process information as quickly; not able to make the best decisions on a consistent basis. This notion then spills over into the coaching ranks as African Americans are deemed less likely to succeed as managers/executives. This is, as Stephen A Smith said on First Take, " Some BS". He was clearly upset at the breaking news, and the more I think about it, the angrier I'm becoming.

If the NFL is actually what it appears to be (racist), it's a disgrace.

Again, if you like the big picture stuff in sports, please try to watch it.

Have linked a part of the discussion in the reply section.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom